Yuji Itadori x Reader - What's the Point?

Q: Superior love triangle?

Megumi x Reader x Yuji

Gojo x Reader x Megumi

ALSO am I the only one that thinks all these cursed objects and splitting souls stuff is literally HARRY POTTER? LMAO

AND ALSO could it be that Yuji is just a reincarnated Sukuna? Like - if rebirth was a thing right? Couldn't Yuji just be what Sukuna would have reincarnated as since the human parts of Sukuna seemed to have died long ago - that could explain why Yuji has a vessel-worthy tolerance - because it's literally Sukuna himself born all over again? IDK that may have been stupid lmao but idk.

--

"What do I do?" Yuji muttered to himself, scratching the side of his head in thought.

"About what?" a slightly raspy voice asked from nearby.

"Ah! Fushiguro! I didn't see you come in!"

"Come in? We're outside."

"Oh? Yeah..."

Yuji Itadori's head was all over the place lately. His self-awareness was shot through by a peculiar sense of anxiety. He had never really felt this way before, and it bothered him. As a boy in his more hormonal years, well, a special something had been keeping him up at night lately. And you were the cause of it.

He knew that. He knew the two of you had a fantastic connection - The kind of shared expression that people search for for a lifetime. The trouble was, HIS lifetime was going to be cut exceptionally short. His impending execution was still relevant, and you... Although it was never certain in the world of dangerous jujutsu sorcery, you were more likely to live a long, hearty life.

"What's on your mind?" Fushiguro asked, looking down at his friend (?) with a look of impatience.

"Uhh... Well..."

Yuji was not exactly sure how to put it. Being the social creature he was, though, he figured telling someone about this could help. Besides, Megumi seemed less ticked-off than usual today! What a good sign. He could use some bro-to-bro advice these days.

"You see, I-" he began, but he was interrupted by the sight of you skipping into view.

His mouth snapped shut. Megumi had never seen Itadori clam up so quickly, and a tiny smile tickled the corners of his lips. Could Itadori be more obvious?

You came up to them both, grinning.

"What's up you two?" you asked, cheerful.

Your energy seemed to absorb Yuji, for he perked up immediately.

"We were just chilling out! What are you doing?" he said, his usual self matching your contagious enthusiasm.

To Megumi, you both always seemed invariably excited about life itself. He supposed this made sense with regard to Itadori. Your friendly nature made the pair of you seem like rambunctious (lovesick) children together, and Megumi had to admit, it was refreshing to see. Otherwise, the world of jujutsu he lived in may have been too dark to bear. Curses were inelegant, wicked things. But here, there was a little light in which everyone could dwell.

"So. (F/n) and Itadori are back at it again with the excessive flirting," Nobara muttered, sidling up beside the black-haired student.

Megumi turned to the newcomer, that small smile brushing firmer strokes onto his face. It was hard to keep such amusement contained.

"Seems like it," he agreed.

"When is he going to ask her out?" she asked, tossing her short hair with a sigh.