Toge Inumaki x Reader - Hanahaki :(

Hi, this was requested, Toge is such a cutie! I did some research on Hanahaki for this - I knew what it was, but only a tiny bit - hopefully this makes the cut! Let me know if I messed anything up badly.

Q: Do y'all read/watch BL?

--

Toge Inumaki had a heart of gold, the other sorcerer-students at Jujutsu Tech knew this. He was a precious individual, and that is why it hurt so badly to see him suffering. When he started coughing up blood without using his cursed speech ability, you and your peers were alarmed.

It got progressively worse as the days went on, and eventually, the poor boy had to be excused from every activity aside from eating, sleeping, and bathing. He refused to extrapolate upon his condition, but that did not stop any of you all from doing your best to help out when possible.

He made sure to hide the sharp petals that ripped their way out of his throat with each choking cough. The burn, the sting, the reddish phlegm, he kept it hidden as much as he could. Until it was too much. His head was spinning constantly, and his attentions to studies and missions had been brutally interrupted by the pain.

He wished he could just tell you how he felt. He knew you were the type of person whose love language had to be words of affirmation, verbal love. Regrettably, he was sure that this would be hard to give you. On top of that, being a young man in the heat of such emotion was not an easy thing. You made him nervous as much as you made him happy. There had always been so much foggy doubt. Did you feel the same? Could you ever feel the same? This plant in his chest seemed to prove otherwise...

If only he knew how to speak his mind. Without the power to do so, his health worsened. Breathing was harder, and he could feel his tango with death getting more intense and intimate than he would have liked. Bedridden and lovesick, Inumaki felt useless. Sadness fueled the Hanahaki plant inside, trapping him in an artful affair.

~Timeskip brought to you by Maki's amazing glasses that she uses to see those damn curses LOL~

Night was falling on another tough day. You and the other first and second years were set to gather for a dinner together, as had become the custom. A lovely routine. Still, without Toge, you looked forward to it less than you used to. Apparently, visitors were pretty unwelcome, so you had been unable to see him for over a week. The doctor was making sure he was getting the care he needed, and although she occasionally asked people to bring him items or buy things, he was pretty much isolated from the rest of the school.

Tonight, though, you had been tasked with getting drinks for the gang, and were on the way back to the chosen spot, when you heard their muted voices at the door. You could hear them speaking in the room, unaware of your nearby presence.

"Do we tell her, though?" you heard Yuji say through the door.

"He has Hanahaki," Megumi replied. "I don't really think we can tell her something like that."

"What? Wouldn't she have a right to know?"

"Well, I don't know. I kind of feel like he wouldn't want us to tell her."

"But they're our friends, Fushiguro. We can't let Toge keep suffering like this," Yuji said.

"I actually agree with Itadori on this one," Nobara said.

"Yeah," Maki's voice cut in. "If (F/n) could cure him, then what reason do we have not to tell her?"

"But what if she doesn't feel that way about him?" Fushiguro said.

Nobara gave a sassy "hmm" before saying, "I feel like she does, though?"

You shifted your foot slightly, accidentally bumping a toe on the door. The dull thud caught their attention, and there were some shushing noises.