me and your mama

a/n THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER IN THE TRIPLE UPDATE (3/3)!

brace yourself haha!

48.

The journey up the stairs and to my bedroom is a clumsy, but urgent one.

We fumble past people sitting on the steps, chatting and drinking. I almost trip over a woman's head, but manage to catch my balance.

Finally, I'm pushing open my door and stumbling into the dark. Harry's quick to follow. My hand flies to flick on the small lamp on top of my dresser, and half of his face lights up yellow.

He pinches the bridge of his nose at the soft light, almost wincing. "Fuck, I'm so drunk."

"Me too," I reassure, reaching forward and grabbing the fabric of his shirt to pull him further into the room. He laughs and stumbles forward, reaching down to grab my hips for balance. "We could just go to bed if you want," I murmur gently.

"No," he shakes his head obsessively. "Unless you want to--"

"Are you kidding me?" I chuckle, feeling the backs of my legs hit the foot of my bed. "After you promised me twenty thousand times?"

"Okay twenty thousand seems ambitious now," he slurs his words, pushing me back so I sit down on the bed before him. "But I promise to try my best."

His fingers tilt my chin up to look at him, and he bends down, our lips dancing dangerously over each other.

A soft meow echoes from beneath me.

We both freeze, and Harry's face tenses.

"Did you sit on the cat?" He whispers fearfully. I shake my head.

"I think he's under the bed," I murmur back.

Harry slowly sinks to his knees, maintaining his eye contact with me. Until it's impossible for him to, and then he ducks his head down between my ankles to look under the bed.

"Well?"

"Yeah," Harry chuckles. "He's hiding down here." I hear a small scuffle. "Cou cou, monsieur cock block!" He sings.

"I'm not kicking him out into the party."

Harry's head peeks up between my knees. "Oh of course not. Do you think that it's weird that he's in here though? Should we maybe not do this?"

I stare intently at him, my mouth twitching back and forth. And then I sigh and my eyebrows knit together. "No? Well, I mean, maybe?"

"Right?" Harry hums pensively, resting his hands on my knees for balance.

"I think as long as he's under the bed..." I stop my train of thought, realizing what I'm saying. "Hmm, maybe not."

"Yeah," Harry agrees, looking down at the space between the bed and the floor.

"We could go into the bathroom," I mumble to myself, and then look up at Harry hesitantly. It takes a second for the words to hit him, and then he tries to fight the smile growing across his face. "What? Harry," I fight my own laugh. His happiness is contagious.

"Come on," He grabs my hand and pulls me off the bed, tugging me excitedly towards the bathroom door.

"Poor Leo, must be so scared," I murmur as he guides me away. "All this noise. He's so old."

"Yeah, but he gets the whole bedroom to himself so I don't feel too bad for him," Harry chuckles and takes us into the bathroom, flicking the light on and shutting and locking the door behind him. It blinds both of us, and we simultaneously squint and groan.