sunflower vol 6

a/n HAPPY 10K. THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY FUCKING LONG ENJOY.

38.
HARRY'S POV

"Keep your eyes closed!" She shrieks, her fingers pressed into my sockets to inhibit my vision. I chuckle, bending down a little so her hands can reach up to my face.

"Couldn't open them if I wanted to," I reassure. She guides me further into the room. The air is pleasant, it smells like lavender and clean sheets. I can smell her too, her body bumping into mine as she tries to reach around me and cover my face. She smells like cinnamon. I've become well acquainted with her perfume by now. The scent relaxes me. The warmth of the sun from a window pane is dancing across my skin.

"Are you ready?" She whispers tenderly in my ear. I chuckle.

"Yes."

Slowly, she peels back her hands, leaving my skin cold from the absence of her touch. "Open your eyes," she orders.

I blink, adjusting to the light in the room, and a soft smile grows on my face. "Wow," I murmur, taking in the space.

I'm standing in her new house, my eyes hungrily soaking up the living room.

The walls are a quiet white, covered in small and large prints and canvases. In front of me sits a deep blue couch. Plants adorn every corner, wall, space of floor, window. But what really makes me stop to catch my breath, is the way the ceiling raises up in front of me, leaving a circle arch that different strands of ivy drape from.

 But what really makes me stop to catch my breath, is the way the ceiling raises up in front of me, leaving a circle arch that different strands of ivy drape from

I grin wide, resting my hands on my hips in satisfaction. She watches my figure. "You like it," she realizes.

"I think it's gorgeous," I confirm. "Beautiful."

"Come look at the kitchen," she pulls me gently. The white counters glistening. This room, like every other space in the apartment I've seen, is covered in leafy plants.

She turns back to look at me, spinning around with her arms out. "There's so much space," I laugh. 

She pulls her hair up off her neck and ties it into a low bun, shorter strands falling forward back onto her face. Then she looks back up at me with a mischievous smile. "Come're and dance with me in my big ass, New York townhouse, kitchen."

She wants to celebrate, bask in the glory of the new place she can afford. I immediately oblige her, running up to wrap my arms around her torso. She puts her hands on my shoulders, staring up at me with her soft golden brown eyes.

I sway us back and forth gently, and despite her dominating personality, she lets me take the lead, eventually pressing her temple to my chest. "There's no music playing," she murmurs a soft complaint. I shake my head.

"Doesn't matter."

"Sing me something, Harry."

I tilt my head, racking my brain. "Like what?"