till forever falls apart

a/n heyy guys. back to our regularly scheduled programming. did you like the flashbacks? hopefully they gave you a little insight into who harry and quinn were before they met each other.

anyway, this chapter's kind of a rollercoaster haha

59.

Present Day.

"Harry," I take a few steps down the stairs. I don't see him in the living room.

"What?" There's a gentle shout from the kitchen.

"Come look and tell me what you think."

"Give me... one second," his brain multitasking. I run my hands over the dress again. "Okay, okay." He's impatient with himself, trying to finish the task faster. I chuckle and sway back and forth, watching the fabric dance beneath me. "Okay, I'm ready."

He appears from behind the wall. His soft pink, gingham apron is hung from his neck. He glances over the outfit and smirks.

"Hellooo."

"Well?"

"Very sexy. Jaws will be on the floor."

"Okay," I blow a strand of hair out of my face.

"You don't think so?" He watches my expression. I shrug and roll my eyes.

"Well I'm just a little conflicted--"

"Fashion show." He cuts me off, raising a hand to stop my voice. "Fashion show, please."

"Okay, okay." I chew my lip. "Well, this is the first one," I strut down the rest of the stairs and he politely applauds. I do a little spin at the bottom.

"Beautiful, darling, simply marvelous," he puts on a fake Italian accent and whistles. I run back up the stairs and duck into his bedroom to pull out the other option. A black dress, embroidered in emerald gems. I pull the straps over my shoulders, shivering from the sudden exposure on my back. 

I run back to the staircase

"Okay here's the other one." I announce.

"I've never been more ready." I step into his line of vision at the top of the stairs. His face falls. "Wow, Quinn."

"Yeah?" I lift up the front of the dress and begin descending the staircase. He nods and swallows.

"Yeah. Fuck me."

"Only because you asked nicely."

"Wow," he grins and leans against the wall. He stuffs his hands into his pockets. "Look at you, fucking hell."

"Okay. What I'm hearing is that this is definitely the one."

"Well, they're both very nice." He weighs the options in his head. "I secretly like this one more."