sandwiches

a/n this chapter...is everything. also, lol really didn't have any good ideas for a title.

3.

Harry was actually a really good assistant. Maybe I should be the one hiring him.

He kept track of consent forms, and even began tucking a pen he found behind his ear for anyone that wasn't carrying one. All the while, still asking me random questions about my life. And I truly mean, random.

"What is your favorite accessory?" He blurts out. I balance this perfect shot on my shoulder, the dark heads of the unlit onlookers acting as a sea underneath the bright models.

"I feel like you know that already," I mutter, not wanting to lose too much focus.

"Of course. Earrings. Makes sense."

"What's your favorite accessory?" I flip the question on him. He shakes his head.

"This is an interview not a conversation!" He said that every time. It was like, now that there were other people around, he didn't want to share. Not that he was giving me that much even when we were alone. "Have you ever had any pets?"

"I had a gecko when I was a kid," He chuckles at this.

"Of course you did."

I look up from the camera, clicking off the record button. "What does that mean?"

"I just mean, a gecko, it makes so much sense, it's you." he gestures up and down at me. I cringe a little.

"No, it's not. Not anymore."

"From what you've shared with me so far, I feel like I've kind of got a grasp of you by now, and a gecko is definitely the kind of pet I can imagine you having." I glance at my watch.

"It's lunchtime, let's take a break." I change the subject. He follows me back, out of the space and into backstage. Here, it's chaos. Models run around wildly, half-naked, being sewn into costumes. It's loud, someone is playing pop music over the speakers. Harry freezes, smiling up at the ceiling. "What?" I turn back to him.

"This is my song." He grins and begins to dance a little bit. I stand there, listening.

"She's got a family in Carolina, so far away, but she says I remind her of home. Feelin oh-so-far from home."

"It's got a nice beat," I offer. He nods.

"Thanks."

We make a beeline for the lockers, and I set the camera battery into the charger, grabbing my bag and running my hand through my hair. "Alright, lunch then?"

He nods and we wander back into the event, and then out the front door. "So is that what you do all day then? That's your job?" He asks. I shake my head.

"Well, no, right now yeah. This week it's my job. Next week I'm unemployed," I joke. He nods, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He must be cold, short sleeves and no jacket. He really is very attractive. I didn't think about it before, but now that I'm looking at him and the way that he moves through the street, I can understand why so many people around the world adore him. He's got a way about him, if that's not too cliche to say. In a way, he's a work of art.

I realize I've probably been staring at him for too long because his eyes dart over at me playfully. My head snaps forward again, and I notice a familiar storefront. "Oh, let's eat here. I love this place." I point to the next building over. He nods and jogs up to the entrance, opening the door for me. "Oh, thank you," I smile.