Chapter Ten

Here is another update. Enjoy, vote and feel free to comment.

***

Selena sat up in her bed with her eyes closed. She was not pleased with the loud incessant knocking on her bedroom door and the fact that she had a pounding headache was not making it any better.

"Go away!" She shouted angrily, massaging her temples to reduce her headache. It wasn't working in the slightest. To her surprise, the knocking stopped and the silence was followed by the sound of footsteps walking away.

She opened her eyes to check on her alarm clock only to freeze. She did not know which room she was in or where she actually was. The room was way bigger than her bedroom in her house. It's design was that of an old yet beautifully maintained room. Her eyes landed on the huge flat screen TV on top of her door that showed the time. Right next to her bed was a small table with a mirror and a stool. The remote was on her table along with her phone_ She did not remember removing it from her handbag.

She looked at herself to check if she was naked_ just in case something weird happened that got her into the strange room. She was still in the clothes she was wearing when she went to get a job at Gratia plena.

"Gratia plena." She said to herself. "I have a job there." She was scraping her mind for any memories from the night before.

She remembered following Asriel Parker to a restaurant and then pestreing him until he gave her a job. She remembered finding his office again and pestreing him some more until he gave her the job she wanted and sent her off with his not so friendly bodyguard. She remembered meeting three women who said that they were Asriel's house helps and lived with him. She remembered being called in for a celebration even before she could unpack. She could remember taking a drink from someone and_

That was where her memories ended. She didn't even bother to try remembering the rest because it was just making her head pound even more than it already was. She got off her bed while holding the wall for support. She noticed that her bags were in the corner of her room right next to a translucent glass door she concluded was the bathroom. The other side had an inbuilt wardrobe.

Water. She needed water and some pain killers soon or else she was just going to jump out of the window just to be dramatic. She chuckled at the ridiculous thought she just had and started walking towards the door.

She frowned when she noticed the black male blazer beside her bed on the floor. Did it perhaps belong to Asriel? She couldn't remember how it got there but she hoped that it wasn't his because that would just be embarrassing.

She opened the door and stopped in her tracks when she noticed the small tray with a glass of water and a bottle of aspirin tablets on the floor.
'So that's what the annoying knocking was for.' She thought to herself as she picked up the tray. She looked at her left and her right at the really quiet hallway. There were many wooden doors in the exact same design as hers and besides each door were flower pots with different plants. The doors had numbers in gold. She looked at her door and noted the number fifteen. She deduced from that that she was probably in the servants quarters.

She walked back into her room and closed the door behind her. After taking the medicine, she went to the bathroom and took a shower. She got out of her room while wiping her hair and humming to herself. She stopped walking when she noticed the blond woman in a maid's outfit lying face down on her neatly spread bed.

"Excuse me, are you okay? May I help you?" Selena asked hesitantly. The lady raised her head and looked at her. Selena was startled when the woman jumped off the bed and walked towards her with a wide grin.