Chapter Eight

Selena silently thanked Wanda for her help _ even if Wanda didn't know that she had helped Selena. Earlier, when Wanda was apologizing she had blabbed about how she lived being on the top most floor with Asriel and Asaiah. In the elevator, the highest number was the one for the eleventh floor and since Ataliah had told her that she should ask for Asaiah's office on that floor, she could easily conclude that that was where Asriel's office was as well.

The doors opened when she got to the floor. She walked out of the elevator and looked at the boring looking hallway. Besides the flowers in a vase at the far end corner of the hallway, the only other things there were doors. Who was she supposed to ask anyway?

She walked forward, and noticed the open office at the very beginning of the hallway. There was a man seated there typing furiously on the computer keyboard in front of him. He was in a black suit and had an earpiece on his left ear. He looked like he was in his mid forties. He was so focused on whatever he was doing that he didn't seem to notice Selena walk in and reach his desk. She looked at the name on the tag and read it.

JOHNNY JAMESON. HEAD SECRETARY.

So he's the one that took Wanda's position. Selena thought to herself.

"May I help you miss?" Selena was startled by his voice. She looked at him but he wasn't looking at her, he was still busy with whatever he was typing. His voice was deep and had a strong Mexican accent _ one thicker than Ricardo's accent. The atmosphere was suddenly tense and Selena had no idea as to why.

"I am looking for Asriel Parker's office." Selena said. The man stopped typing and looked up at her. His right hand moved from the keyboard to under the table and his eyes were solely fixed on her.

"Why? Do you have an appointment?" Johnny asked. Selena silently put her resume on his desk and stepped a few feet back. For some reason, her mind was on high alert around the Johnny Jameson man _ her mind was one of a good detective and she trusted it completely.

Johnny picked up the resume and flipped to the last page, his other hand still out of her sight. "Says here that you already have the job, Sir Asaiah is the one with the employee register so why do you want Sir Asriel's office?"

Johnny had relaxed a little from the time he had let Selena know that he was aware of her presence. Selena felt wary around Johnny and that was more than enough reason for her to want nothing more than to get away from him _ she had to make up a lie and fast.

"Because miss Parker told me that Asaiah would probably be in Asriel's office." Selena blurted out. Johnny narrowed his eyes and stared at her. Selena knew that her lie was too wide ranges and she could easily get caught but it was also too wide a lie for anyone to consider it a lie. She held her eyes and kept her eyes on him, portraying innocence.

Johnny grunted in what seemed to be annoyance and handed her back her resume. "Last door on your right." He grunted and went back to typing, his right hand was back on the keyboard and Selena visibly relaxed.

She thanked him and walked out quickly before he could reply _ not that he would anyway. She followed his directions and stood in front of the door. She wasn't even sure if Johnny had actually directed her to the right office or not. Well, it was not like she had a choice really. Besides, if it was the wrong office then she could pretend to be lost and ask the person inside for Asriel's actual office.

She knocked twice and stood patiently. When no one answered, she knocked again and waited. Still she got no answer. Out of mere curiosity, she tried the door knob _ it was not locked. She bit her lower lip and against her better judgement, she opened the door and walked in.

There was a tiny office right by the entrance with a PC and a on the desk. Next to the PC was a telephone, a tablet and a small smart phone. The back wall where there desk was facing was made of glass. Through the glass, she could see a bigger office. She walked through the doorway, which had no door and into the office.