Chapter Sixteen

Selena plopped down on her bed after walking in. It was just a simple task of reading through business emails and cancelling some meetings but it was still so tiring. If she kept on being an office lady then she would end up going out of shape and Andrew Darral and Gina would make fun of her for the rest of her life.

Asriel, Asaiah and Ataliah obviously did more work than her but still managed to keep themselves in shape so she was going to do so herself - after some shuteye of course.

Selena almost fell off her bed when she heard some really loud knocking on her door. The clock on her table showed that it was eleven PM.

"Come in." Selena called while rubbing her sleepy eyes and yawning. The door burst open and Tracy danced in right after. Yes, she was literally dancing to a tune that was probably in her mind, seeing as she had no headsets or headphones on.

"Is knocking loudly on people's door your hobby or something?" Selena asked in annoyance. "And why are you dancing?"

"Check your phone." Tracy said still dancing. "Also, I am dancing because I want to dance."

Selena was sceptical about Tracy's answer but chose not to push for an answer. Knowing Tracy, she would probably tell her eventually.

"So Asaiah brought in another woman today and sir Noah got angry." Tracy blurted.

Of Course. Tracy was dancing because she was the type of woman who loved to hear gossip and danced whenever there was drama brewing in the Parker mansion. Even though Selena had never stepped into the house, she was quite updated with some of the happenings.

For instance, she knew that Asaiah no longer lived with his siblings and father but he always hang around the mansion for reasons best known to himself. She also knew that Asaiah and Noah, their father did not get along at all.

She knew that Asaiah, Asriel and Ataliah had a stepmother who was about their age.

And she knew that Ataliah was being pursued by her childhood friend and ex-boyfriend whose name was Ricardo Ponce.

All of her information was the courtesy of Tracy.

"Really now?" Selena said as she tried to listen to how Asaiah and Noah got into an argument because of the woman that he had brought in. Maybe Tracy would one day be able to bring in some really useful information. Apparently, the woman Asaiah brought in was really beautiful but Asaiah did not seem to even know her name.

Selena picked up her phone as Tracy earlier requested. In a panic, she stood up abruptly. Asriel had called her three times already. That was about twelve minutes ago. Could she be in trouble? She suddenly felt worried. Was that another reason Tracy was dancing happily?

"Tracy, I have to go right now." Selena said as she put on her slippers and ran out of her room towards the mansion. Tracy had called her back and said something but Selena did not stop and listen to whatever she had to say.

Whether he was in the house or at the office was still a mystery to her but she was going to start with checking the house first.

"I am going to the house because Asriel might be there and not because I just want to enter the mansion and take a look." She said to herself when she reached the front door. Hesitantly, she opened the door and let herself in.

She froze. Was she really in the right place?

Right by the door was Asaiah crouched in pain and groaning on the floor. He had his hands wrapped around his stomach as if hanging on for dear life.

She bent down and was about to squat down to help him up when she heard the distinctive voice of her boss.

"Dare help him and you will take his place."