Chapter Two

Asriel Parker had mixed feelings about the situation he had found himself in once again. He was in an interrogation cube with mirrors as it's walls. The fact that he was getting used to the ugly wooden chair he was seated on and the creaky table that had a recording machine on it was doing nothing to comfort him. He sighed. It was neither the first nor the second time that he was in such a situation. Heck, it was not the third or the fourth or the fifth time either.

It was the sixth time and he was tired of all of it.

He was tired of being the first one to walk in on a bloodless, hairless dead woman with a gruesome number burn on her abdomen and two bullet holes in the head.
He was tired of being the one to call the cops with shaking hands and narrate the same son story over and over again, the only difference being the names.
He was tired of losing someone he cared about.

A man could go mad with such things happening in his life. The only reason he was still sane was because he had been going for therapy sessions. He could barely sleep at night. The only times that he slept was when took some strong sleeping pills that did strange things to his eye colour but even then, he would wake up and a sweat because of the nightmares.

"Why? Why them?" Asriel asked his clenched hands as if they would give him the answers he wanted _ the answers he needed. "Why not just blow my brains out instead of theirs?"

"Because Asriel Parker, death would be an easy way out for you." Asriel looked up from his hands and to the source of the voice. A brunette man around his age with brown eyes in cotton pajamas and a black jacket had walked in. He was holding a note book and pen.

"Nice outfit, Darral Cooper." Asriel sniggered, pronouncing his name with clear distaste. Darral glared at him, clearly not happy with the sarcastic compliment.

"Nice job losing another one, Asriel Parker." Darral shot back, using almost more venom in his voice when he said his name. Asriel's ‘smile’ immediately dropped and he looked back down at his hands. He had spaced out, looking like he was lost in his own world.

Another man their age had also walked in after Darral. His neat black hair and clean attire as if he wasn't woken up at an odd hour. Even his brown eyes looked bright and alert. But then again, that was just how Andrew Pierce always looked.

"That was low detective Cooper, even for you." Andrew said while dragging in his own chair that he positioned behind Darral and sat down on.

Darral turned to defend himself but Andrew spoke before he could.
"He only complimented your outfit. Detective, how you took it was entirely your choice."

Darral cursed under his breath and sat down infront of Asriel.

Asriel and Darral once attended the same school and were in the same class. Their rivalry started when Asriel had transferred to Darral's school and his class. Both Darral and Asriel were athletic, smart and not to mention very good looking and so they were very popular. Because of this, they just silently disliked eachother and saw eachother as competitors.
This changed when Darral started to taunt Asriel and hit him.

Asriel never ever reacted to Darral's taunts or insults never fought back his beatings and that pissed Darral off. It was like he craved Asriel's reaction but never got it out just by bothering him so Darral changed his target of his taunts to Ataliah Parker; Asriel and Asaiah Parker's younger sister.

Almost immediately, Asriel reacted and Darral ended up in a hospital for three weeks. After getting discharged, Darral was teased because he beaten up by some skinny weakling and ended up transferring to another school. Asriel ended up getting homeschooled because the other people at the school were all afraid of him and behaved like they were walking in thin ice around him.