Chapter Twelve

"What is wrong with you?" Asaiah asked when Asriel let go of him outside the office.

"It is Selena. She does not know the actual truth about this company." Asriel answered pocketing his hands. Asaiah's face became pale. He was just as startled as he was worried.

"Asriel, how could you be so careless?" Asaiah exclaimed. Asriel pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "You know that those staffers are not allowed to go above the ninth floor. The only accessible place for them on the tenth floor is Ataliah's office and they only go there on their first day!"

"Please stop shouting." Asriel said looking around as if someone might just walk in on them arguing. Asaiah waved his hand dismissively.

"Calm down brother. After all everyone on this floor is already familiar with our situation." Asaiah said sarcastically. The glare he had directed at Asriel was not as friendly as the others he had received before.

Asriel ran a hand through his hair and sighed again. "Asaiah, she was way to determined to get this job and I_"
Asaiah raised his hand to cut him off.

"Please, allow me to guess. You liked her determination and you were curious about her." Asaiah said with his arms crossed. He was spot on but Asriel was not going to say that_ atleast not while his brother was pissed off with him.

"Sorry." Asriel said. As if it was not already bad, Asaiah's glare intensified. The sorry came out sounding like a question and not like an actual apology.

"Sorry?" Asaiah said. He just could not believe how Asriel would be so reckless. It was just so unlike him. "You have put us all at risk and all you have to say is sorry? Do you actually want me to shoot her?"

Asriel shrugged. "She said she can use a gun and she apparently makes good coffee."

Asaiah narrowed his eyes at him. "And you did not care enough to ask why she learned to use one in the first place?" He was definitely angry_ and for the emotion to slip through was just a sign of what he was feeling about the situation.

"If it makes you feel any better, I asked Enrique to look into her." Asriel immediately regretted saying more when Asaiah looked like he was about to explode. He knew what Asaiah's next question was. 'Why would you hire someone you know cannot be trusted so much so that you had to get Enrique involved?'

But before Asaiah could speak, Wanda had walked out of the elevator. She was holding a tray with a mug of coffee and a glass of milk.
"Sir Asriel," she greeted.

"Give the coffee to Selena and add chocolate powder from my desk drawer to the milk." Asriel said. She nodded and walked into his office.

Asriel turned his attention back to Asaiah who had been glaring at him all along, expecting him to say more. Instead, Asaiah just sighed defeatedly and walked to their elevator.
"Whatever it is that you are doing, just make sure no one gets hurt and nothing gets destroyed." Asaiah said just as he stepped into the elevator. "Father has to in know about this. Go tell him right now."

Asriel breathed out in relief when the doors closed. He expected a bigger reaction from Asaiah and he was relieved that Asaiah just chose to watch from the sideline. What he was not quite sure of was how his father and Uncle would take it.

He was still focused on gathering courage to go and speak with his Uncle and father that he did not notice Wanda walk out of his office or hear her talk about his milk. Whether he liked it or not Asaiah was very right. What he was doing was too careless and would probably cause a lot of problems for a company like Gratia Plena but he did not really care. Nothing would happen if he would just be careful and follow his instinct. If Enrique could or could not find anything poisonous about Selena then he would make a choice from that.