Chapter Seventeen

For the third consecutive night, Asriel woke up feeling cold and sweating at the same time. He was breathing heavily as if he been running in his sleep. He glanced at the digital wall clock on top of his door and realised that he had only slept for about an hour.

"Damn it!" He said as he slowly got out of his bed. He hated over working himself but he hated sleeping more, especially if it meant that he had to deal with the same nightmares over and over again. He walked out to the balcony and stood at the edge while staring off into space.

He sighed, suddenly regretting the fact that he had skipped another therapy session with Emmanuel. Most of the time, Emmanuel would call him and find out why he skipped a session or just force him to come all together but not that time. Asriel was not even sure if he was relieved or worried.

The nightmares were still giving him the same effect even after all that time had passed. Each time, he would randomly see any of the women who got killed because of him. And each time, she would be asking him the exact same question with a tear streaked pale and sickly face.

"Why did you do this to me?"

Maybe it would be slightly less traumatic if the tears were not made of blood. He suddenly wanted a cigarette but thought better of it. The first time a murder occurred, he would smoke to calm his nerves. Eventually, the cigarette became a comfort for him and he became addicted to it.

If it was not for the help of Asaiah, Ataliah, Ricardo and Enrique, Asriel would have been a mess.

Asriel started to feel could and went back inside. He sat on the edge of his bed and stared at his nightstand. In the drawer was a sealed bottle of strong sleeping pills. Emmanuel had given them to him and told him only to use them in case of extreme terms- of course, Emmanuel had not counted on the fact that Asriel would miss a lot of therapy sessions.

He took the bottle out of the drawer and stared at it. He was still hesitant to have to resort to sleeping pills. Emmanuel had said that he had to take two pills and he would sleep for five hours straight.
Still, as doubtful as he was about taking them he still needed sleep. Three sleepless nights was going to take its toll.

According to his wall clock, he had six hours to the next important business meeting. He glanced back at the bottle of pills in his hands.

"If I sleep for five hours then I will have an hour till six. Work is only a fifteen minute drive from here- ten if I am cruising. That is more than enough time to get ready and be in time for the meeting." He reasoned with himself.

He stood up and walked to his gym which was attached to his room. He had a mini refrigerator there with a lot of bottles of mineral water.

With the bottle of mineral water and two sleeping pills in hand, he sat on his bed and got comfortable. He took the pills and gulped the water in one go.

He then lay down and waited for the pills to take effect. All he was hoping for was that the sleeping pills did not make him unable to escape the nightmares and tap him in sleep. That would just be both too traumatizing and tormenting for even him.

Asriel could feel himself coming back to consciousness. Why was it so bright? And did his pillow always feel like this? He blinked his eyes open and the first thing he noticed was that it was broad daylight. He was definitely hours late for the meeting.

In a panic, he sat up straight- well, he tried to sit up straight but failed. That was when he noticed that he was tied up and he was not in his room.

"Sir Asriel, I see you are finally awake. "
Selena? Was he mishearing things or was that really her voice? When his eyes adjusted to his surroundings, he realised that he was in a car- one of his cars. Selena kidnapped him in one of his own cars?