Chapter Nineteen

"Will that be all?" The waiter asked Selena and Gina as he finished writing down what Gina had just ordered.

"Yes, that will be all. Thank you." Gina said smiling while Selena just nodded. The waiter bowed his head.

"Very well then." He turned to leave but stopped and stared at the flowers in the vases that were on each side of the door as if he had seen something displeasing.
Gina and Selena watched him in confusion as he muttered to himself angrily and started rearranging the flowers.

It only took him two minutes to finish his task after which he smiled like he had just won the lottery and left quickly. The flower arrangement did not even look any different from the way it was initially.

Gina rolled her eyes. "What a perfectionist. The flowers do not even look different."

Selena turned to look at Gina with a smile, completely ignoring Gina's remark on the waiter as she had other pressing topics in mind.
"So, what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Gina smiled, excitement evident in her eyes. "We are about to carry out the biggest sting operation of all time."

"Oh, really?" Selena said also feeling the excitement. "Does this mean that you have finally found a lead on Mariano Ponce?"

Gina nodded with a grin. "It was all just a lucky coincidence."

A knock on the door pulled them out of their little world of excitement. The waiter who had taken their order walked in with a tray and a bottle of none alcoholic wine. He served them quietly.

"The wine is on the house, ladies." He said with a bow and left.

Immediately he left, Selena turned her attention on Gina. Her face showing her anticipation for whatever Gina had to share.

Gina smiled at Selena's anxiousness. "So Sera called our department and told us about the findings on Veronica's autopsy results. Just what in the world is going on right now?"

"It turns out that the Parker Girl Killer case is way bigger than we expected." Selena said with a sigh as she played with her food.

"Tell me about it." Gina said. "Anyway, officer Owen Matter and our superintendent decided that we would work on this case as a joint team. So do not worry about being taken off the case just yet."

Selena rolled her eyes with a smile. "Just talk Gina."

"Fine, fine. Do you remember the gang member we managed to apprehend?" When Selena nodded, Gina continued.

"So we managed to squeeze some information out of him. It seemed insignificant at first but it was of big help. He just told us the area he was going to deliver the drugs he was given. Apparently, he was supposed to meet some anonymous people and give the drugs away. He did not know what the people looked like or who they were so we brushed it off immediately. But then Someone who is not to be named came up with the lamest idea ever. I know that it was just pure dumb luck that it worked."

Selena smiled knowingly. Gina only referred to one person as "One who is not to be named". That person was Andrew Pierce. They had dated a year and a half ago for only a month. Neither Andrew nor Gina was willing to speak of what had happened between them to bring about the sudden breakup. Since their breakup, Gina had been referring to Andrew as "One who is not to be named" and Andrew had been afraid of Gina.

"Just tell me what happened. Also, just refer to him as officer Pierce if the name Andrew is still too bitter." Selena said with a smile. Gina sighed in annoyance but continued her story anyway.