Chapter Four

Selena walked into the police station and spotted Darral. He was sleeping soundly at the back of the room on the receptionist's desk, his brown hair falling on his handsome face and his hands crossed to make a pillow. He had changed his clothes and decided to come back to work despite Owen's obvious insistence that he stay home.

Selena smiled to herself when she noticed some female cops secretly checking him out. One woman who had obviously come to file a complaint was shamelessly ogling him instead of paying attention to what the man in front of her was saying. Selena looked at Darral again whilst walking towards him. She didn't care about the women watching him sleep or the fact that they were suddenly glaring at her, it was their own creepyness to deal with _ she just wanted the recording of the interrogation. Knowing Darral, he probably didn't even let Andrew speak.

She stood beside him and nudged him with her hips. "Wake up you big ugly loser."
Yes, she might have been lying about the ugly part but that didn't matter because of its desired effects.

"Who are you calling ugly, beautiful?" Darral said looking at her with sleepy eyes and a small smile on his face.

"The interrogation." Selena said ignoring what he had called her. "We have to watch it together."

Darral sat up and stretched his hands. "You know what March, I would not mind you being the first thing I see every time I wake up. You're just the _"

"Flirt later Cooper but not with me. Get up and go home if you're so tired." She could feel the women burning holes on her because of the attention he was giving her but she was not concerned. She had bigger problems to think about; like why Gina had left a note on the refrigerator saying that she couldn't wait for dinner with a connivingly smiling emoji on it. Or maybe it was a normal smiling emoji? Either way, there was no way Gina was exited for dinner with her.

"Hmmmm," Darral said getting up and pocketing his hands. "Since I can't flirt with you, I'll just go home and sleep. The recording is with Owen."

Selena nodded and turned to head to Owen's office. "Aren't you going to ask me to stay?" Darral called from behind her. She just waved him off and continued walking. A few seconds later, she heard Darral's footsteps getting closer until he was walking beside her.

"Some people just hate me for no reason at all." Darral mumbled loud enough for her to hear. She just laughed lightly in response and kept walking.

"Good evening Owen." Selena said when she entered the office. Owen looked up at her and smiled warmly. He stood up and it was then that Selena noticed the woman there with him who was looking at her curiously. She looked like she was in her mid fifties and she was very stylishly dressed. Was she rich?

"Hello Selena. I would like you to meet miss Ryan. She and I have been together for a while now." Owen said gesturing to the lady. She had long black hair with a few grey strands and her pale grey eyes were almost impossible to look away from. She was beautiful.

"Nice to meet you miss Ryan." Selena said with a smile. Darral had walked past her to Owen's drawer at the back, only giving a small smile and nodding in acknowledgement at miss Ryan. Selena took it as they had already met before she had gotten there.

Miss Ryan laughed lightly and waved her hand dismissively. " Oh no need for formalities deary. You can call me Diana. Owen and I have been together for almost three years and there's never a day that he doesn't mention you Selena."

"Hush now my love. " Owen said to Diana with a warning look on his face. She just smiled at him and blew him a kiss. Watching them was like watching a young madly in love couple. Their little moment was ruined when Darral made a gagging noise at the back of the room making everyone's attention go to him.