How Did I Even Do That?

A/N Ok an explanation is definitely in order considering how long I was gone. Basically, I had no idea what to do with this book but then one day I had a stroke of inspiration and decided I had to just sit down and fucking finish the thing, especially after all of the love and support you guys have been showing it (186k reads??? Y'all crazy), so this is for you and because of you guys and all your comments, thanks and I hope you enjoy the final chapters <3

Isla Black pov

You ever heard the saying 'hindsight's a bitch'? Well, I'm coining that now because it seems to be real relevant to my life lately.

Like how I have weather powers and a certain God of thunder complained about a missing daughter and it didn't click. And right now, as a not so jolly green giant tosses me through a building from behind, after being suspiciously absent from the 'let's corner two innocent teenage girls' party earlier. Hindsight's 20/20. Oh, that must be the saying- I like my version better.

I shake my head viciously to clear the dark spots from my vision and drywall falls from my hair like really bad dandruff. Stumbling to my feet amongst my little pile of rubble I huff indignantly and hear a matching huff to my right.

"I feel like we should've seen that coming somehow." Melody grumbles as she brushes off her own dusty clothes.

Gods, we both look like we got into a fight with a sack of flour- and lost. I turn to face out attacker as I hear his thundering footsteps approaching.

"Yo big green- that was seriously unnecessary." I can't help but call out as his hulking (hehe) form comes into view and the dust clouds settle.

The hulk just grunts angrily in our direction and surprisingly doesn't charge again. Ok...?

"Isla I really do not wish to fight with y-"

"Oh this shit again, let's just go back to hitting each other already." I cut off my father-ah Thor- with a scoff.

I don't wait for an answer as I send a blast of violet lightning towards the approaching God. He annoyingly deflects it with a swing of the hammer with that really hard to pronounce name- myrmyr or whatever. Melody joins by tossing a cinderblock from the rubble at Big Green but it just kind of bounces of his massive chest like a pebble.

Ok, so our attacks could use a little work.

"Stop this foolishness-" I don't even bother replying, just send two more bolts at his head, both my arms outstretched in a weird thrust.

It seems to work as Thor has to actively dodge the attacks. Score! I take it back, we're great at this.

Unfortunately, that is when the team decides to actually retaliate. Ah, don't you just hate it when the person you're fighting actually fights back? Steve's shield comes flying at us first and we hit the fucking deck, slamming ourselves onto the rubble covered pavement. His glorified frisbee bounces off the cement wall behind and returns itself obediently to its owner who catches it gracefully, still charging straight for us like he didn't just try to decapitate us. Bitch.

Melody flies back on her feet before I can react, meeting the super-soldier head-on, and the fists go flying. I don't even get a second to worry about her or be impressed by her badassery, as a dual attack comes right for me.

A spider web of harsh lightning-much stronger and better directed than mine- flies right at my head alongside a blue energy sphere that I know comes from a certain tin man. I dash left to avoid the pulsar blast but I don't get far enough to completely dodge my dad's lightning. The electricity singes the side of my ribcage as it throws me backwards. I go flying into the cement, not unlike the old man's shield did moments earlier. Stunning.