Not How I Wanted My Day To Go

Recap
They smile before one says quite seriously. "You need to come with us." Before they both grab my arms. I freak and on reflex, I force them off me with a big gust of wind.

They stare at me mouths agape from their position on the ground. A person from the crowd that had gathered to see the commotion suddenly yells out "It's her it's the crazy weather girl run for your lives!!!!!!!!!!!!" She practically screams causing absolute chaos.

People screaming, yelling and running around in absolute panic. So I do the only thing I'm good at. I run.

Isla Black Pov

I run, I run so fast I'm nearly flying with the wind pushing me forward. Then I hear the police sirens. They are getting closer and closer. I can  see them behind me now. Oh no, oh no

This is it, I'm finally going to get caught. It's been six years since I first got my full powers and no one else, apart from my mother and I, knew about them. That was all about to change.

All of a sudden a car turns around the corner and cuts me off. It was another police car followed by two more then the five that were following me pull up behind me. I turned sideways so I could see them both. Cops pulled out of the cars all holding guns that were pointed... at me. Well fuck.

They slowly creep closer to me until someone who seems like the head officer steps forward. "Put your hands up and get down on your knees." He orders loudly. I slowly raise hands.

"Are you sure you wanna start this one. I don't want to hurt anybody. But I will if I have to."

They keep coming closer, faster this time. "Ok, but you asked for this,"I let out a sigh. Controlling the wind around me I push myself up like I was flying, well kind of hovering a few metres off if the ground. They start firing their guns at me. None of the were a very good shot and I was easily dodging the bullets.

That is until one hits my leg sending a wave of pain through my body. I let out this weird squeaking sound and fly up higher,  covering all of the ground in a tall thick, foggy mist.

Once the guns have nearly completely stopped firing I fly away but not before yelling to anyone who could hear.
"There's a reason they call me Hurricane!". Ugh, this is definitely not how I wanted my day to go.

I fly- wait I have never flown before, this is so cool! I swoop around the streets and up amongst the clouds. I look down at the city, my hair blowing in the breeze. Sweat practically drips from me at this point but I can't bring myself to really care.

I stay like that up in the sky for hours as the sun slowly begins to set. When nightfall comes I swoop back down into the city pulling my hood back up and keeping to the outskirts of town. In these parts, there are not many people, in fact its nearly abandoned, just like me.

I climb onto one of the many abandoned rooftops and lay back. I roll up my jeans and painfully pull out the bullet. The wound slowly heals, only leaving a small scar.

I look up at the stars like I do most nights. I always feel like there could be something more out there, more than stars, planets and comets.

Maybe not just something but someone, maybe someone like me. My father maybe. I snort at the thought. Yeah, right I won't expect that much because I know I will be disappointed. I've been disappointed enough in my life so far.

I roll onto my side and try to fall asleep. Keyword: try, no matter how hard I try I can't fall  asleep. There is still this adrenaline coursing through my veins stopping me from sleeping. I sit up with a sigh. I look down at my hands to see them crackling with electricity, ugh my powers were acting up again.

I hate when this happens. When I get stressed, worried, angry or really sad, my powers go all haywire. It's really annoying and quite inconvenient at times.

I let out a string of curse words and hold my hands to the sky trying to direct the energy elsewhere. Streaks of lightning burst from my hands and the sky above. A roll of thunder grumbles loudly and then suddenly the energy is gone. I slump against the roof feeling nothing but exhaustion.

Well, that's not completely true, I'm actually quite hungry. I should probably eat something. I grab an apple from my bag and begin to eat it while sipping on one of the drink bottles. Now that I am no longer hungry and the energy is gone I am feeling empty, almost missing something. Something very important.

My thoughts drift to my parents. My abandoning parents, because that's what they did, They abandoned me in some way or another, some not purposeful but that doesn't change it. I'm still alone. My mind drifts back to the memory of my mother's death.

Flashback

12 year old me flings herself into my mother's arms. "Mum please don't go I need you! I will always need you!" I cry into hear shoulder tears streaming down my face.

"its ok my little hurricane, everything will be all right. Shhhh, it's alright baby." She cooed in my ear in a calming matter but everything was not going to be ok. "I need you to be strong for me, be my confident little hurricane. I will always be with you." She finishes with a slight cough.

"Don't cry, little hurricane."

Her heart monitor starts speeding up like crazy, I know something is wrong, I know it's happening. " ok... NO MUM, MUM DON'T GO, NOOO!" I scream as the line goes flat. The doctors try to bring her back but I know its pointless. She's already gone, in a different world, happy, without me.

I break out of my little flashback as my body shakes with my sobs. I feel tears running freely down my face as I shake violently. My breath coming out in puffs and coughs. Of course, because of my little weather/emotion problem, it starts to rain.

Starting at a slow drizzle before the rain is bucketing down. I grab my bag and swing under the sheltered ledge of the house below me.

I sit on one of the old arm chairs placed there and curl up in a ball. I hug my soaked body trying to stay warm as I shake and shiver. I lay back and end up crying myself to sleep.

I know some people would wonder why I freak out so much but the answer is simple. I watched my mother die and that's something you never forget.

A/N Hello my fellow wattpadians, thank you for reading my book I hope you enjoyed it please comment, vote and share. Please don't comment about my spelling. I'm a new Zealander so I use British English, Thank you see ya next time Yours
mysterious_mischief