I don't remember this from school, you?

Recap:

l look around the room, seeing no escape and a lot of guards.

"And pray tell, what do these tests really contain?" I ask stubbornly stepping forward, with my chin slightly raised in defiance.

This just causes their smirks to broaden and my patience to wear thin. "God, do I really wanna know?" I sigh in frustration.

I get no answer, but a dagger flying through the air, going straight past me... and right for Melody

  Isla Black Pov  

I react as fast as a lightning strike, sending a powerful gust of wind to grab the dagger just before it hits her right shoulder. I manipulate the wind to send the glistening blade into my awaiting hand. I grasp the handle firmly in my hand turning to face the direction it came from.

I make eye contact with a stoic-looking Steve, but he can't fool me, I see the slight relief in his eyes. He cares about us. Oh.

Well, let's suppress that emotion right there. Yeet.

I throw the dagger at him using some of my speed, but he catches it right before it slices his face. I grumble in frustration but feel a small twinge of relief. Oh. Well, just suppress that one too, it's fine. He drops the blade, so I briskly bring it back to my hand. Damn, this is like having telekinesis.

I notice a swift movement to the left out of the corner of my eye. I narrowly swerve out of the way as an arrow flies past my head. I rapidly turn and send my violet lightning towards Clint. I almost giggle aloud when I realize he was perched like a bird, on top of some weapons shelves. I release a quiet breath I didn't notice I'd been holding when he jumped slightly in his crouched position, and the lightning misses. Shit, shit, shit.

I move quickly to stand beside Mel, handing her the dagger and surveying the room, preparing for the next attack. A flash of white-blue lightning strikes the ground between Mel and me, and we dive away in opposite directions. So they want us to split up, no way hoe, we are a package deal. 

I make eye contact with Mel, attempting to convey my plan. As a smirk forms on her lips, I know she understands. We leap into action, quickly manoeuvring so we are standing in the middle of the room, back to back. 

I instantly toss a forceful gust of wind at Thor, who stands readily a couple feet in front of me; The wind knocks him off his feet and slams him harshly into the wall. At the exact same time, Mel throws the critically sharpened blade at an unsuspecting Clint, who was busy gesturing up at Fury.

A frown forms on my face as Thor stands up, seemingly completely fine and strides towards us. I do however feel another hint of that damn relief. I hear melody let out a sigh of, you guessed it, relief, when clint nimbly drops the floor, the dagger stabbing the wall instead of lodging itself into his shoulder.

We are so fucked.

Wait, when did Fury sneak up onto that balcony? Ugh, he's just creepily looking down on us, watching us fight for our lives. This isn't the fucking hunger games, buddy. I hurl another bolt of lightning at Fury in annoyance. One of his little guards blocks it with a big plastic looking shield thingy anyway.

" Ya' know, not really liking these 'tests' so far, guys. You might want to watch yourselves." I growl slightly in displeasure.

" Yeah, check yourself before you wreck yourself, Patchy," Mel adds, attempting to look serious but ending with a giggle. I can't help but laugh and accept her energetic 'victory' fist-bump.

We stand back to back again, looking suspiciously around the room, primed for the next attack. What I didn't expect was a blue sphere to hit me from above, knocking me to the right.

How did I forget Tony? Better question, how did he manage to stay quiet this whole time? Also, what the fuck!

I quickly jump to my feet and instantly start looking for Mel, but she looks a little preoccupied. fortunately, the pulsar beam missed her so shes still standing where she was earlier, unfortunately, she is now fighting hand to hand with Steve. I'm honestly shocked and impressed by how well she's doing. she moves quickly and with precision, always staying light on her feet. I would've just put it down to survival on the streets, but she moves like a pro-street-fighter. Looks like someone forgot to mention some things.

I don't have time to question her about or think any further as another pulsar beam hits me in the side and once again I'm sprawled out on the floor. "Come on stormy, it's no fun if you don't fight back," Stark jests, but doesn't make any moves to strike again. 

I once again, jump to my feet, this time ignoring the fight between Mel and Steve (she can obviously handle herself), turning to face tony instead. It's a pretty awkward manoeuvre, as I turned slightly to my left and stepped back as I wrenched my neck up to look at the cocky billionaire.  

" Hey Mel, I don't remember taking any tests like this at school, you?" 

" Nah, must be part of that new modern learning shit."

" Aah, makes sense."

" Enough chit-chat girls, I feel left out."

Tony quickly fires another blast at me and I have just enough time to see Melody collapsing to the ground with Steve above her before I am thrown into a wall. My head spins slightly as I attempt to stand, my eye search the room in my haze, and I make eye contact with Fury.  He watches me carefully from his spot on the protected balcony before his calculating eyes shift to Melody.

I slowly get to my feet and manage to keep my balance, I glance over to Mel where she stands in a shaky defensive stance opposite Steve. I notice out of the corner of my eye, a shimmering blue force field forming over the entire balcony. Peculiar.

That's when the temperature starts to rise, fast.

To be continued...

A/N Hey guys I know it's been ages and yeah I know every time I update I seem to be saying that but I have the next one pretty much ready to go so if it's not up in the next week or so someone yell at me until I get my shit together love you guys, sayonara

By Mysterious_mischief