Nowhere To Run

Isla Black Pov

I let out a small yelp as I trip over a rock, tumbling to the ground. "Ouch, stupid rock, stupid feet, stupid clumsiness, stupid earth and stupid life! " I grumble angrily.

It's been two days since those idiot Avengers attacked me but I feel they will find me again. They are getting better at tracking me, finding me, guessing my next moves. I let out a sigh and get off the ground dusting myself off.

I grab an apple from my bag munching on it since it's about 1:30 pm. Right now I am looking for a new place to stay knowing I can't stay where I was. I have been walking for a good twenty minutes now.

Thanks to my amazing luck it starts to rain. "Of fucking course!" I curse under my breathe, as I part the rain with my powers. Now I have an almost umbrella over me that stays there while I walk.

You would think I could stop it from raining but no, I can only manipulate and partially control the weather so using the wind as an umbrella, parting the rain to make a path will have to do. Soon I am tired of using my powers and stop under a ledge to rest.

I breathe heavily as I look at my surroundings. There are a few empty houses around, I will probably use one of them as an H.Q for now.

Once I've caught my breath I run over to the closest house still exhausted. I shut the door before collapsing in the middle of the floor. I forgot how tiring it is to hold back a rainstorm and run at the same time.

I climb the stairs and walk into a room. I claim it as mine by dumping my stuff on the ground and falling onto the bed. What I didn't expect was to hear a knock at the door.

The loud noise causes me to jump and let out a small squeak. I creep down the stairs; just now noticing how heavy my drenched hoodie and jeans are. I cautiously approach the door.

I swing open the door and am meet face to face with tony stark. " Hey hurricane, just thought we'd stop by for a little visit, see how ya doing." He says casually. Since words have never worked in my past my reply is to slam the door in his face.

I run up the stairs and grab my bag. I hear the front door slam open and I run for the window. I jump out my window and land on my feet swiftly, a slight pain flooding my ankles. It has nearly stopped raining. I run for my life. Literally.

"I really liked that house but those idiots had to ruin it!" I grumble panting slightly from all the running and my earlier exhaustion. My legs start to feel like jelly so I sneak a glance behind me, to see if they're following me.

That was not a good idea because I tripped over my own feet and landed in a heap on the ground. I panic, especially when Tony leans over and looks down at me. "Ok speedy, enough running, can you not see it's not helping either of us. "He grabs my shoulder but I grab his hand and flip him over my shoulder, where he lands with a thud.

I get up and look for a way to run but I see my paths blocked by the other avengers minus big greenie. Wonder where he's at. Wait back to fight focus. Trying not to die here.

"Well, well, well I think we have actually gotten you this time Hurricane," Clint says as he and the others inch closer.

"You have nowhere to run." He says with a smirk. This causes me to smirk.

"Oh but you see, I don't have to run, to get away..." I say using the wind to push me up like I'm flying. I swoop off in the other direction but soon I hear the hum of the Ironman suit on my tail.

A blue sphere whizzes past me, really close to my head and I squeak in surprise. I fly lower to the ground and I feel my energy wavering, as the exhaustion sets in and I fall about six feet to the ground.

I groan in pain and stumble onto my feet but the asshole Avengers have already formed a tight circle around me. Steve and Tony put their hands on my shoulders stopping me from flying like I could.

My eyes go wide in panic as I realise what's happening, I start to thrash but Steve is quick to grab a hold of me. I feel a hand on my neck moving towards my pressure point.

I try to move but darkness crawls over my vision and my body starts to shut down. My last thoughts were ' fuck! Shit! I'm gonna die!' Before it's all pitch black.

---

I awake with a start completely and utterly confused. I look around; I am in a small room with a bed, a table and a chair. It's very plain, but that is not the main issue here. I look at the wall it's a glass wall but I can't see through it . Oh... its one sided glass. Crap. Thats when I spot the shield logo on my blanket. Fuck.

I look down at my clothes to see my jeans and t-shirt still on and my hoodie on the chair. I stand up and grab my hoodie, tying it around my waist.

"Well, look who's awake." Comes a voice. I don't see a person so I assume it's a speaker in here, probably a camera and people watching behind the glass. I huff slightly and glare at who ever's behind the glass.

Suddenly a door I didn't notice opens and in walks in the director of SHIELD, Nick Fury. Closely followed by the Avengers. "Nicky! Oh, and you brought my friends!" I fake excitement grinning sarcastically.

"Well, it wouldn't be very fun without us." Tony replied. I roll my eyes.

"You make it sound like its gonna be fun with you." I respond dryly.

"Ouch speedy, that really hurt, cut real deep, right here." He says putting a hand over his arc reactor. I shrug and blink up at him innocently from my seat on the bed.

"Me? Why I would never." I say faking offended and putting a hand to my chest. I grin showing off my two dimples.

" I like her." Tony says to Fury and I chuckle.

Clint looks really confused staring ar me and it's really annoying. " Hey, bird boy what are you staring at." I question him.

" uh, its just you seem so... so normal and not dangerous." He states obviously confused.

"But I am apparently." I say turning to Fury. " So what do you want Nicky I can't sit here all day. Places to go, people to see!" I practically sing.

"Well, we have some questions for you then you are free to go." He answers nonchalantly. I snort when he says I can leave. Like hell, I believe that crap.

" Like I believe your shit, now what's really going to happen after I answer your questions." I say narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well, after we need to make sure you're not a threat because SHIELD stops threats. It seems you know what shield is and who I am." He says raising an eyebrow.

"you're right I do but I think you got one thing wrong, you don't stop threats... you eliminate them." I correct him with a glare. And with that, they walk out the door shutting and another metal door coming down over it. I lay back on my bed and start to braid my hair.

A/N HELLO EVERYONE it's me (obviously who else would it be 😂) welp here is the newest update * hands you chapter * enjoy.

PLEASE
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
THANKS
by mysterious_mischief

Ps. 1,350 words exactly!