Do I Really Wanna Know?

I awake on my bed the next morning with Mel clinging to me tightly. Aww, cute bonding moment- wait, now if I move I'll wake her up. I gotta stay really still now. Shit.   

What a lovely wake-up call.

I turn my head very carefully and very slowly, towards the wall to snag a look at the clock that hangs there. damn, it's already 10. I could honestly sleep for a couple billion more years, and still, wake up and need a nap. 

I spent so many nights awake staring at a deteriorating ceiling, or the stars, I am beyond sleep deprived, and done. Honestly, I am so done, but I won't let it show. I'll stay sassy and mischievous and act like I'm okay, act like I'm alive inside, even if I'm not. 

I feel Mel stir slightly and start to shake her awake. I kinda hate to wake her, she looked so peaceful, but I'm too scared to lay awake alone any longer. She rolls over and looks at me with a sleep-dazed look on her face. 

"Morning Mel!" I say with a smile. She grumbles and stretches, but still smiles back. Once again she is not a morning person, then again neither am I.  

Suddenly the door bursts open and Nat barges in followed by a few agents. "Get dressed then come out, some guards will be at your door to lead you to the gym." Nat says sharply tossing the clothes on the end of the bed.

She leaves out the door, slamming it closed with a bang. Woah.

" Well, since you asked so nicely." I grumble sarcastically under my breath.

Mel and I get up and dressed anyway. I mean if we didn't she'd just come back and piss me off further.

Did I mention I'm not a morning person?

I look at the clothes as I change. A simple dark grey t-shirt with the shield logo in the top left corner, a pair of long black sports leggings, and a pair of black running shoes. Wow, what a rainbow of differentiality.

"Couldn't have hurt them to throw a little blue in there? Green? Orange? Yellow even? " I chuckle as I lace my sneakers.

" Yeah, I think florescent yellow is really my colour." Mel giggles jumping around slightly in what I'm guessing, is an attempt to get used to her new clothes. I look at her outfit and see that it is exactly the same.

" Ha! Twinsies!" Mel laughs loudly while pointing at me.

" While you laugh over there, I'm just here thinking how creepy it is that they fit so well and that they know our sizes." I say with an amused look. She instantly stops laughing and looks at her clothes then back at me with a creeped out expression.

"Yeah, that's what I thought, little bitch." I whisper the last part as we walk to the door, arms thrown over each other's shoulders.

I see Nat and Clint waiting outside the door with a swarm of shield agents or as we call them 'the guards'. The two assassins start off down the hall and we follow.

The guards sandwich us between them getting just a little too close for comfort. I wriggle around in discomfort really not used to the human contact. At my constant movement a guard goes to grab my arm, but because I don't stop moving, I end up practically on top of him. To make matters worse his hand ends up waaay to close to my boob.

" Woah! At least take me to dinner first! I thought chivalry wasn't dead yet." I huff wrenching myself out if his hold and linking arms with Mel.

" I thought I was gonna have to be your fabulous wing woman, but it looks like you're doing just fine on your own!" Mel exclaims with a giggle which sets me off into an almost fit of laughter.

After nearly 10 minutes of seemingly aimless walking, we make it to the Gym/training room. As we walk in I notice the others occupying the room, and (you guessed it) those people would be the bloody Avengers( minus Bruce for some reason?); oh and how could I forget, the ever cheerful, Nick Fury.

"Ooh Nicky! I've missed you so much! " I cheer with fake enthusiasm and a massive grin. He stares at me blankly, but I see the tiniest twitch in his lip, as he holds back a smile at my antics. Ha! Gotcha!

"What can we do for you guys, today?" Mel asks while leaning against me casually.

"Well, we are here to run a few tests." Fury says, a ghost of a smirk appearing on his face. Instantly my mind flashes back

"We are SHIELD it wasn't really too difficult, and like I said, that was only the basics, we know so much more, and soon we will know everything about you... after we run a few tests of course." Fury replies

"Tests?" I mutter in confusion.

"Yes, tests." Nick says simply. Very helpful.

"Yeah, but what kind of 'tests'?" I say wearily

"Well, I guess you guys will just have to find out then," Natasha replies instead.

" Tests, what the hell do you mean? we are not lab rats!" Melody practically shouts angrily. I just look around the room looking for a clue.

All I see is the training equipment and some smug looking Avengers( again, where is Brucie? What have they done with him?!?)

" Well, we need to test your abilities, find strengths, weaknesses, determine your fighting style, figure out what makes you tick, decide how dangerous and how much of a threat to us you really are." Fury explains in a sharp tone.

I look around the room, seeing no escape and a lot of guards.

" And pray tell, what do these tests really contain?" I ask stubbornly stepping forward, with my chin slightly raised in defiance.

This just causes their smirks to broaden and my patience to thin. "God, do I really wanna know?" I sigh in frustration.

I get no answer but a dagger flying through the air, going straight past me... and right for Melody

A/N Uuuh sooooo I've noticed it's been quite a while...  whoopsie

There have been some difficulties and I've been away for four weeks and shit happened. Sorry.

By mysterious_mishief