Never Again

Recap

"Well you see, we were playing a very intense game of Down By The River. Would you like to join, Sir?" Clint jokes as he stands. I stay seated on the ground, far too lazy to stand, as Fury glowers at Clint.

"No, I would not, besides we have some very important matters to discuss." Fury states turning to instead look at me and Mel, where we sit, still on the floor.

I stand a little begrudgingly after Mel gets up of the ground and walks closer to Fury. I follow her but have to hold back a laugh as stares him down in an attempt to be intimidating.

"Well, you better have some good fucking answers because I swear to god, if I got poked and prodded and PRICKED by those goddamn needles for nothing, you are all DEAD!" Mel yells before she steps back towards me with a content smile on her face.

"This is why we're friends." I whisper in her ear before we both burst out laughing. 

Isla Black Pov

I quickly try to sober up when I spot Fury's glare but Mel is way ahead of me and nudges me hard in the ribs in an attempt to shut me up. I send her my own playful glare and she shrugs innocently in return. Wow, some real loyalty from this one. 

Fury clears his throat once again and I straighten up, turning to face him again. His dark eyes stare me down with authority but I catch a flicker of worry as he looks between us and the Avengers. That can't be good.

" Well, spit it out." I sigh impatiently as Mel crosses her arms looking equally as unimpressed as I feel. 

" Ok, Melody we ran your DNA against some of our other samples and we have some definite confirmation that you have mutant DNA. These mutations form in situations of extreme stress or just develop during puberty so it makes sense that your powers are decently new. Your mutation seems to be linked to your nervous system, more specifically the part of your brain that activates your fight or flight reflex. Although the adrenaline rush that this triggers is normal and usually adds slightly more strength and speed, you seem to produce a lot more adrenaline and the effects seem to be considerably heightened. In short, you feel threatened and you become very strong and potentially very fast." Fury explains with a stoic expression. So it's not her reaction he's worried about. 

I glance over at Melody to see her serious expression morph into an excited grin. I try to control my laughter as she jumps up and down in glee.

"Fuck yeah! That's so cool!" She shouts jumping over to me and shaking my shoulders in excitement. I laugh along and shake her back, her enthusiasm contagious.

" I know! Lucky bitch." 

I whip back around to the sound of fury clearing his throat again. 

" Bro, is your throat ok? You should get that checked." I sass a little pissed that he's dulling Mel's good mood. 

"Do you want your explanation or not?" Fury sasses back with a raised brow, causing me to hold back a grin. So he does have emotions. Huh. 

I just nod in reply, the witty comebacks can wait, I just want answers so I can get the fuck out. 

"Well, for your tests, we again ran your DNA against some samples and we found some... interesting results. We ran them a few times to be completely sure but it also lines up with other information we have." Fury explains. Ok, but what am I?

"Ok, I'll repeat, just spit it out already, your evading is making me stressed." I huff, crossing my arms almost defensively. 

" You're part Asgardian, more specifically your father is Asgardian. Your father is also ... Thor."