Finally trapped

Isla Black pov

We've been here two days now and no one has made contact with us. A guard brings food three times a day, (no, they do not starve us, they're not THAT heartless) but he never talks to us, never even makes eye contact. But I can tell they're watching us. Through the glass, they're trying to determine our next move, but they never will. We're too sneaky, to careful.

It helps that one of the things we learnt about each other when we walked through that god damn park, (yes that's what I'm calling it now) is that we both speak sign language. I used to have a deaf aunt. She was my only family apart from my mother, but she died when I was ten. She did, however, teach me sign language, so now I'm fluent.

Turns out Mel had been learning sign language at school since she was eight, and took it as a subject in high school. Well for the couple years she was in high school. Anyway turns out she's fluent too, so we've been subtly sending each other messages since we got here. But we have to be very careful so they don't figure it out and get an interpreter to tell them what we're planning.

At first, it was just us checking if each other were ok, or asking how they were, but then it turned into forming an escape plan. It's been going well until someone barged in about 5 minutes ago when we were casually planning in sign language while pretending to have a verbal conversation.

Basically, what they wanted was to tell us we had an interrogation session, and we had to go to the interrogation room. Now. Apparently.

Currently, Mel and I are being marched ( yes mother-freakin' marched) to the interrogation room. "Sooooo, how's your day been, bird boy?" I say to Clint. He just glares and ignores me

"Ok, that was rude. Anyway, how about you, how has your day been?" I ask smiling sweetly at an agent. He just pretends I don't exist.

"You people are no fun!" I complain. Melody nods in agreement and I smile at her.

"Ok then, " I turn my nose up, "Melody, how has your day been so far?" I ask.

"Oh, it's been great! I woke up had a delicious breakfast and was so kindly interrupted and now I'm being so graciously escorted by some gentlemen to an interrogation!" She chirps with fake enthusiasm, that causes me to snort in amusement.

"Well, at least one person on this thing understands the concept of fun!" I exclaim dramatically. Melody nods, bringing her hand to her forehead dramatically, but because they're handcuffed together, the other one comes too. I laugh under my breath, as she makes a disgruntled noise.

Eventually, we make it to the interrogation room, where we are marched inside. The table is still there, but now there are four chairs, instead of two. We sit down next to each other, and clint cuffs us to the table, which if you look closely, is built into the ground. Great.

I turn to Mel as everyone else walks out of the room. "Thumb war?" I suggest.

IT.HAS.BEEN.TWO.FUCKING.HOURS.KILL.ME.PLEASE.

so basically we have been sitting here for two hours, according to the clock on the wall. We have played numerous rounds of; thumb wrestling, paper-scissors-rock, tic-tac-toe ( A/N that's a hand game we play in NZ I dunno if u guys play it anywhere else, not like noughts and crosses) even bloody I-spy!

I'm getting more, and more bored by the second; wait let me re-fraise that, I'm getting more, and more pissed by the second. Yeah, that's better. I'm doing this angry finger tapping on the table, and Melody is repeatedly tapping her foot on the ground in frustration.

We can't really talk because we don't want to slip up, or for them to find out too much about us. So it's mainly awkward silence, and for friends, that's really, really hard.