Epilogues are for sappy love stories

Isla Black Pov

-3 Years Later-

My breath comes in heaving pants as I sprint down the concrete corridor. The pesky Hydra agent darts around the corner in front of me, still annoyingly out of reach.

"On your left!" Before I can even react Melody is streaking past my left shoulder and darting around the corner after the weasely little man. 

Rolling my eyes, I follow her as fast as my non-mutant legs can carry me. 

"Show off." I grumble with a slight wheeze as I round the bend to find Mel sitting comfortably on the agent's chest to pin him down.

His eyes meet mine and they're filled with pure panic. Good. I stroll over with a near-feral grin; Now that I've caught my breath of course. He struggles harder the closer I get and Mel whines in annoyance. 

"Stop squirming and just give us the fucking flash drive already, we are supposed to be having a nice dinner tonight and you are seriously encroaching on my hair and make-up time." 

"Aww babe, you'd look incredible even if you went in your mission gear and drenched in sweat." I tease, coming to a stop beside the pissed-off brunette. 

"I don't know what you're talking about, I have no flash drive!" The greaseball trapped under my girlfriend yells. 

Rude. 

Without me having to say a word Mel holds him steady for me and I reach down to start searching his wriggly little form. My fingers catch on smooth plastic in a pocket near his ribs and he freezes.

"And I suppose this is what? Your secret porn stash?" I dangle the drive between my fingers playfully. 

Mel snorts and I swear his glare could melt the polar ice caps. The goods acquired, Melody gives the man a strong whack across the skull before leaving him for the clean-up crew to deal with. 

" So, whatcha think's on it?" Mel drawls, slinging her arm over my shoulders as we stroll out of the large grey structure. 

"Hmm, I don't know, but you are clearly the brawn of this operation, not the brains so don't think too hard about it, dear." 

"Mean!" She gasps indignantly. 

Yet her hand finds mine in a warm embrace and her head comes to rest gently on my shoulder. 

This kind of ending is reserved for fairytales and sappy love stories but I suppose this is a love story of sorts. To go from having nobody in the world to my heart being so full, the people I love never far from me. To go from having so little to being a SHIELD agent, able to help so many. And all it took was being hunted down by the bloody Avengers and being saved by a random homeless girl. 

How terribly lucky I am to have found them all, the calm to my storm. 

The END

A/N Ok squad it's finally done and there is definitely no one here who was here when I started because I started this over 5 years ago (don't judge I have ADHD my interests go all over the place) but I appreciate everyone who has read this all the same. Also people in the comments being mean about my writing I was largely like 12 when this was written and no one forced u to read it, K? 

But if you are 12 and sitting here like 'I could totally write better than that' Please Do !!! it was so much fun and you won't regret it. Absolutely show me up you'll have so much fun. Anyway, this got waaay more popular than I ever thought, so glad it's done now. Follow your dreams kiddos, it's been class.

By Mysterious_Mischief