Needles? No Thanks

Isla Black

Over the course of my time here at the SHIELD Helicarrier, I have come to the well-educated conclusion that I need to stop asking questions; I will never like the answer.

" Get that fucking needle away from me before I shove it so far up your ass you can taste it!" I yell attempting to back away in my chair. They fucking strapped me in with a more powerful version of those stupid handcuffs.

The nurse gulps as he cautiously comes towards me again. I increase the intensity of my glare as he approaches me, looking slightly more nervous this time. I briefly shift my eyes to Mel who has an expression similar to that of a trapped animal. There's a sort of terrified-crazed glint in her eyes. Apparently, neither of us is a fan of needles.

I struggle a little more in my restraints as the nurse gets closer but I know it's pretty useless at this point. I almost close my eyes as the needle comes into contact with my skin but a loud metallic noise followed by a scream pries my eyelids open. 

I see Melody standing in front of her chair with her hands defensively in front of her. She looks back at me and I see the crazed look still in her eyes. I motion her towards me with my head and she slowly shuffles backwards.

" How the fuck did you do that Mel?" I ask whilst keeping a close eye on the guards talking into their earpieces beside the door. 

" I have no idea, I just pulled so hard my handcuffs snapped. Would now be a bad time to also mention that I once kicked a doctor so hard he went flying across the whole room and dented the wall?" She asks with a nervous smile.

" Only if this is a bad time to mention I'm pretty sure you're not human." reply as both nurses completely back away and run behind the guards.

She goes to reply but Fury comes storming in, interrupting our enlightening conversation. I attempt to break out of my handcuffs so I can help Mel, but I seem pretty trapped this time.

" what's this I hear about a breakout attempt?"

" Oh, you know us, Nicky, we're making a run for it. We're practically out the door already." I say sarcastically jingling my cuffs.

Mel stifles a laugh before she quickly runs over to me. I give her a quick look and she reaches for one of my handcuffs. It should be just as easy to break since they don't seem to be stronger than normal cuffs, just contain tech that blocks all my powers, including my added strength.

Just as Mel gets her hands on the cuffs Fury's cold voice rings through the room.

"One more move to break those cuffs and there will be three darts, each filled with enough tranquillizer to knock out an elephant, embedded in your skin before you can take another breath."

Ok, that's a slight hitch in our plan. We make eye contact, yet again having a practical conversation with our eyeballs. I quickly shake my head to throw them off and she leans back so it looks like she's moving away.

But then she lurches forward snapping my cuff with ease. With one hand free enough power flows through my veins for me to conjure a strong wind that acts as a shield from the oncoming darts. The darts instead embed themselves into the wall to our left.

The agents quickly stop firing,  knowing it's a waste at this moment, as Melody reaches over and snaps my other cuff off.

" I think whatever this is must be activated by my adrenaline or high blood pressure 'cause that's the only time it seems to decide to give me a hand. " Mel exclaims with a slight chuckle as I rise from my chair.

We both turn to our captors who have been watching us carefully whilst muttering amongst themselves.

" Back down now, and we won't fire. If you put your hands up slowly and get on your knees we won't be forced to give you the experience of a tranq hangover when you wake up sometime tomorrow." Fury states stepping forward slightly as the rest of his goons follow.