Politics

The sack was sitting on the fountain calmly. No sign of growling or screaming. I sit in my sit like it's nothing new but inside I want to throw up, but I doubt I have the guts to though. My mind probably won't be able to process anymore of this gross game. 

"It seems our little friend has passed on," like as I expected, Mr. Le'strange was the first to speak. No one with an ounce of humanity would be speaking, much less being here after what played out, but in his case forget the ounce I doubt even an atom of humanity is there. "So my dear guests, I think that was enough warning for what will happen if you betray me. Or anyone you are loyal to, for that matter. I made it clear, I don't like backstabbers, if you have the guts, then come and challenge me. Hero's rule." His face was hard and he didn't look like he was enjoying the little speech he's giving. He's spitting out the words like it's bitter and he can't stand them in his mouth. 

"Please mist forms, go on with your tasks for this person's funeral. After all, he needs another set of punishment in the underworld," he chuckled like it was something dark and amuses him. Gosh, this guy should get an academy award for his acting skills. Changing from a spokesperson to the leader of this meeting to being something sadistic, it is beyond my understanding how he plays like this. But something is clear. He doesn't sit still, neither does he beat around the bush as much as these small stunts look like. 

The black men that brought Lex here came in and pulled the sack out of the fountain pool. Blood was coloring the otherwise clear water. As they pulled the sack from the fountain bloody water dripped and the sloshing sound sound filled the room. I can barely contain what I didn't even eat. 

The men then took the sack and stuffed it into a scarecrow with the face made from a earthen pot. What are they going to do with the scarecrow filled with the remains of Lex? Burn it? Put it in a field? Do they keep it for display like a mummy? I don't have a clue. And I doubt I want to know if it is something like what I just witnessed. 

"Well then, since we finished our issues about betrayal and everyone got the warning," Mr. Le'strange goes on, the smirk bending down a bit making him look crueler. "I suppose we should eat. Do enjoy the food as we still have more entertainment on the way."

 With that being said I expected food to appear like how it appears in Harry Potter after the Headmaster's speech. But instead some blue bubbles float into the room from the cluster of trees around the lake. By blue I don't mean the original blue. The were blue like a balloon and more graceful in their gliding. When they reached the table they popped on the surface. A few floated around the high place where the branches started moving and creating a support structure to hold plates. Everywhere filled with food and the smell was worth moaning over. Everyone had a hungry look like they haven't eaten for a while except for Mr. Le'strange.

 He looked bored with his lazy smirk and laid back posture. But I'm no fool. I can see the sharp look on his eyes, calculating and sizing everyone up, the stiff tension disguised marvelously that even I couldn't see if it wasn't for the taunt tension on his fingers. 
He was a handsome man, maybe someone who is the heartthrob of hundreds of women and I can guess it from the looks he's receiving from the ladies. The fair haired man beside me was handsome too. He looked like an ice prince with the cool aura he's radiating. 

I'd call him Elsa-boy because he radiates coolness. The mafias have weird folks I knew that, but he's weirder. It feels like a freezer is open beside me, hitting me with the cool air. 

Back to the table. Coq au vin, a French chicken dish. Looks heavenly. Boeuf bourguignon and something creamy?? I didn't know you have a side touch of cheese swirls with boeuf bourguignon, but I'm not complaining this tastes better than back in Golzien's place. He had a thing for French and Italian cuisines, especially the local Burgundy based dishes. Wine is his favorite thing. You won't miss it if you visit him. To be honest I remember eating Confit de canard on a visit to France, it's good, the finest dish of France. It isn't friend but tastes really good, better if it's a duck although I don't actually mind the goose too but duck has a soft meat while the goose is more thick. Cioppino? Is that French? Mmm... I think that's Italian, I doubt they'll take Italian dishes... Is it something taken from the Fr- damn, I forgot about America. It's an Italian-American dish. Should've guessed. Ragù alla salsiccia, a real rival of ketchup. I love ketchup though, better than that scary named sauce. I doubt you guys sitting there reading want a mouth watering briefing of the things we had on the buffet, but looking back all I could think about was everything I know about Mr. Le'strange. Let's see, he has the black market, has two half-godly children, cruel, a business empire over the surface, leading everything ugly in the down world, and possibly a supernatural.