'Mist'ery

"Felix Le'strange was a cosmetics freak being the son of Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty. He decided to make different types of products and lay them in the dresser and baths so that the occupant can enjoy. Besides there are many more behind the bowtie shelves in your closet area," she explained. She can talk. 

"Okay, second. Tell me more about yourself," I asked her. 

She licked her lips. "Well I have a 17 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. My husband is a teacher but my son's dad is Poseidon. I like in upper Manhattan but I stay in the estate if required. My son goes to the same camp as Rod and Roda and is the boyfriend of one of your sister. Annabeth Chase," she rambled on. 

"So if your son is a demigod just like me? And this girl you called my sister, Annabeth Chase was it? Where Are they? Is your daughter the same?" I asked.

 "Yes my son is a half-blood but Paul isn't his real dad, my husbands that is. Annabeth and Percy, my son's name, are in New Rome in Southern California. It's  part of the Roman camp. Attending college there. No my daughter is a mortal, like me and my husband although she has shown signs of seeing through the mist, no Paul can't see through the mist," she explained. Se's overly happy for some reason. 

We walk out of the room I was in. I want to know more. It's dangerous to get yourself into something you don't even know. And my head hurts. It's like someone stretched my brain to accommodate all the things. The hall was an emerald green with golden furniture. It was weird, not bad but weird.. It smelt like a faint wood polish and a weird smell that...weird.....

Have you ever tried skydiving? Have you tried to breathe in the shallow oxygen when the door opens before you jump? It's like the wind is taking the oxygen. Sure there is oxygen, but less. You're afraid that they'll go away if you don't take enough. It's exactly like in the hallway. So weird. I'm feeling like I'm back up there but there is no wind. I feel a bit lightheaded and see that the pictures are moving along with things in the hallway. The side table with a lamp blurring and changing into a metal cupboard. The pictures blurring together and shifting. Flowers in the ases changing. I feel a thin cool feeling under my skin and as if someone dragged a silk cloth over my exposed skin, leaving me a bit shivering. 

It stops after a moment. But the smells remain. Sally didn't look fazed by it, but judging by her expression he knows the feeling. She puts a hand on my arm and leads me to the nearest thing in the hall which was vase full of yellow roses. They gave off a beautiful scent. My senses are overloaded. It feels so hyper I can't think straight. I know I'm probably walking into a trap but I can't understand why I'm not running. I can't feel any drugs or other external substance but I don't feel myself too. My head feels like it's stuffed with cotton and my limbs like pillows. This is the worst thing I've felt.

I remember waking up from a particularly bad incident. I had three gunshot wound; one in my shoulder, one in the left arm and the other in the left calf with a stab in the stomach and few bruises and cuts littered across my body. That was the horrible thing with my head had a concussion. But this feels horrible in an entirely different sort of way.

She walked closer to the vase me in to pressed the vase down. The section of the table went in with the force in a square and a picture of a blue key moved along with a section of the wall to the left and a passage appears. "How many passages are there?" I asked her. "That is hard to keep track of considering the fact that half of the house isn't even real," she sighed as she walked through the newly formed passage. "Meaning?" I asked, trying to keep the confusion fro my voice. I succeeded. That means whatever was affecting me is  slowly wearing off. She bit her lips, she's trying to find easiest way of putting it is, "This house  isn't real. Half of the  house is simply made of mist, or glamor. This is the name of the force that veils the supernatural world from the mortal world," she explained. "How does this mist work?" I asked. "This is a type of magic that creates an illusion. It fools the mortal mind into seeing the supernatural thing as something that'll make sense. Do you remember that there was a big storm a few years and te city was in chaos? It was the reason of Typhon, the monster of evil, attacking the mt. Olympus in the Empire State building. But it was stopped in the East  River. My son's dad drowned him. But the mortals didn't see any giants as they can't wrap their brains around the idea. It's too much powerful for someone's brain to totally process that thought, even a halflings," she stopped to take a breathe. "You said mortals as in humans can't see these, so how can you?" "You see, some mortals are born with the gift of seeing through the mist. It allows us to see without getting our brains to short circuit. But we don't have any other powers like you do," she said. "So I can see through this 'mist'? But I didn't see anything ? Why?" I want to know. "The mist is a pretty strong force. It can fool even the immortal gods and other supernaturals. So it's hard for you to understand unless you know it," she told me. 

So the official 'Mist'ery is over. For now. Or not.