Chapter 7

Siena's POV

I can't believe I'm Daniel's girlfriend. And he is my boyfriend. I love him so much that sometimes I go crazy if I don't see him. But it's been some time since Daniel took me in. He provided me everything in his home. And I'll be forever grateful. I wouldn't probably find a new apartment with my small payment.

I was coming back home from the library and I just finished my shift. The weather is getting better since it's almost beginning of the spring. Flowers will bloom and everything will be pretty again. I will ask Daniel and Riley if they want to go with me for the walk near the river when weather becomes sunny. But knowing Daniel he won't reject me.

While I was in my thoughts, I accidentally bumped into someone.
''Watch out, kid.'' I heard familiar voice. My eyes widened when I saw who it was. My aunt and her boyfriend Harry. They stopped walking when they noticed me and smirked evilly.

''Look who it is. My lovely niece who dared to ran away.'' She said and grabbed my hair. I whimpered at the pain and attempted to remove her hand.
''Let me go. Please.'' I cried out. Suddenly I felt less pain than before. I opened my eyes and looked at her.

Luca was holding her hand. She grimaced at the pain in her hand because Luca was squeezing it too hard. I could see that her wrist turned white. Harry tried to let it go, but Luca didn't budge.
''Let go of my girlfriend's arm.'' Harry warned him.
''You didn't stopped her when she pulled on my friend's hair mercilessly. Why should I let her go?'' Luca greeted out. Luca was protecting me and even called me his friend.

He released her wrist, yanking it at her side. ''You have ten seconds to get lost or I'm putting a bullet in your skull. And never come closer near her.'' Luca threatened them. Harry pulled my aunt with him and they were out of our sight in less than a second. I breathed out a relief when they left.

''Thank you for helping me.'' I said. He smirked and ruffled my hair.
''It's fine. I don't like when someone is pestering innocent people. Espeacially, my friends.'' He said.
''Friends? You mean I'm your friend?'' I asked. I never had so many friends like this.
''Yes, I'm your friend. Friends protect each other just like I did before.'' He explained.

''I'm happy that you are my friend. Daniel said to me that you're not dangerous so I guess we can be friends. Now, I have you, Riley and Daniel as my friends. Oh no, Daniel is my boyfriend so I don't think he fits in the category of friends.'' I didn't even notice I was rambling when I saw that Luca was smiling.

''Daniel is your boyfriend?'' He asked.
''Yes. I'm happy that he is my boyfriend. He loves me and he is nice to me. And more importantly I love him too.'' I blushed, remembering about Daniel. Just when I look at him I feel happy.
''I'm glad that he is treating you well. If not, you can tell me.'' Luca said.
''You're nice, Luca. I don't know why you want to angry Daniel. Daniel is good person and you're good too. Why don't you two be friends?'' I asked him.

''I find him too annoying. He doesn't like me either.'' He cringed.
''But you know how it works. Two negatives make one positive.'' I joked. He shook his head and chuckled.
''Do you want me to take you home?'' He suggested. Why not? I'll be safer if someone I know takes me home safely.
''Okay. Thank you, Luca.'' I smiled.

He led me across the street into a shiny black car. He opened the door for me and entered on the other side. He put the radio on when the song I know started playing. I started singing then Luca joined me. We sang together on the way home. Luca is really good friend and funny.

He stopped in front of the house. Luca rushed to open the door for me, but I was quicker than him and opened the door myself. I turned my head and saw Daniel with angry looking face coming towards us. He grasped Luca's collar and pushed him aside.

''Haven't I already told you to stay away from her?'' Daniel shouted.
''Da—'' I didn't get to finish the sentence when Luca interrupted me.
''I can't get to have fun? That's boring then.'' Luca clearly mocked Daniel who really didn't like that joke. Daniel aimed at him, but I got ahold of his hand before he hurt Luca.
''I'm going to be very angry if you hurt him.'' I said.

I turned to Luca and gave him a very disappointed look. I actually saw guilt and sadness in them.
''Thank you for taking me home. But you better go now.'' I said and took Daniel's hand. I pulled Daniel inside the house and towards the living room. I sat him down on the couch.

''Why the hell he took you home? You should've called me.'' Daniel hissed.
''Firstly, it was really wrong to react like that. You saw that I wasn't crying or calling for help which means Luca didn't do anything to me. He safely took me home. Secondly, I bumped into my aunt and her boyfriend. She pulled me by my hair and tried to hurt me more when Luca came and scared them off. So he saved me from getting more hurt. He even said I'm his friend and I believe that he meant it all sincerely. I was happy to tell you that I made a new friend, but all you were thinking was to hurt him.'' I said, holding back my tears.

''I'm sorry. I just don't like him near you. I was worried about you when you didn't come home on time. I was just planning to go and find you, but I already found you at the front door. I'm really sorry. I promise that something like this will not happen again.'' His eyes held fear and sincerity. I wasn't angry at him, but I was tormented with the fact that what he did was wrong.

He pulled me to sit on his lap and wrapped his arms around me. He brought his hand to my hair and caressed it gently.
''I'm sorry for my reaction. Are you hurt anywhere?'' He asked. I shook my head 'no'. He kissed my cheek and forehead softly. I snuggled in his chest and locked my arms around his neck.

''Me and Luca were singing in the car too. It was funny.'' I chuckled.
''Luca? Singing?''

Don't forget to vote.