Chapter 8

Siena's POV

I opened my eyes when I felt sun rays touching my face. It is beautiful to wake up on such a sight. I turned my head on the other side to see Daniel still sleeping. He had his arms under the pillow while looking so peaceful sleeping.

I kissed his forehead softly to not wake him up and got up from the bed. I put our dirty clothes in the hamper for it to wash later. I took a shower then brushed my teeth and got dressed in the baby pink skirt and white T-shirt tucked in. I was so happy to wear skirts because weather became warm these past few days.

I rushed downstairs to make us a nice breakfast. I made a mixture for the pancakes. I put the chocolate on pancakes for Daniel's plate. And for myself, I put maple syrup and bananas.
''Good morning, princess.'' I heard his voice right behind and felt him wrap his big arms around me.
''Good morning! I made you chocolate pancakes.''
''Mmm...I could smell it to our room. It smells delicious. Thank you.'' He complimented me.

We sat down and started eating. Daniel really liked what I made.
''Can you teach me how to make this ones the next time? I want to learn so I can make them for you.'' He said. I was feeling so happy and proud of him.
''Yes, I can. I will be very happy to teach you.'' I chuckled. He smiled like a kid that got candy from his mama. I miss my mama too.

''Why did you make that sad face? Is something wrong?'' Daniel asked.
''No. I remembered about my mother. I miss her.'' I shrugged. He didn't comment anything on that. I could feel he was struggling with something. Maybe, he wants to tell me, but he can't.
''Are you okay, love? You can tell me if something is bothering you so we can fix it together.'' I said.

''I want to be completely honest with you. And I don't think hiding the real truth of my childhood is being honest. I want to tell you about my parents.'' He said. I smiled at him.
''Things like that can be on hold until you're ready to tell them.'' I said.
''I'm ready. I don't have to hide anything from you. I want to tell you.'' He sounded very certain.

We went in the living room where we got comfortable on the couch. He stared blankly in the wall before starting.
''My father...'' He stopped before choking on tears that started flowing from his eyes. My heart squeezed with pain at the sight. I sat closer and rubbed his back in a comforting way.

''It's okay. Calm down, love.'' I cooed at him so he could calm down. I suppose flashbacks of his childhood hurt him really bad.
''I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start crying.'' He apologized after wiping his face.
''No no. It's okay. I understand you.'' I reassured him.

''Anyways, my father used to beat me everyday. It was his way of 'teaching' me how to be a strong leader of the mafia. I was taking all that pain every single day without anyone knowing. Except my stepmother. That woman was watching him every time when he was beating me for nothing. I wished for them to be gone. Nobody wishes for their parent to die, but I did. And I felt guilty of it, but I couldn't help myself. I was keeping quiet of it just because of Riley. She couldn't know how cruel our father is. I didn't want her to hold the grudge against him.'' He was speaking with tear filled eyes. I couldn't hold back when I started shredding tears along with him. The pain was too much.

''You know...I was feeling jealous of Riley. To her it was all rainbows and lilies. She didn't experience pain like I did. I didn't want to be near her because I didn't know when will my father smack me. I didn't want her to see the harsh reality our family lived in. I guess it's not true when they say first son in the family gets pampered and raised like a prince. Or that was only in my case where I didn't experience that. Why I didn't live my life like other kids my age? Why I had to study twice as much? Why was my playtime sized to the minimum? I could never get answer to these questions. Only good my father left is the business. I proved that I could be a great leader and businessman even when I was at my lowest.''

I hugged him tightly in my arms. I never wanted to let him go.
''I'm so proud of you. So proud. I love you so much.'' I said. He sobbed in my shirt. Through every sob, I could feel pain of a young boy who was searching for help. We both have been through so much and now it's time to heal each other. I will help him heal him. I will be here for him.

''I love you. I'm really proud of you for sharing something so painful like this. You are very strong, my love.'' I comforted him.
''Thank you. I finally feel some relief in me. I love you and I want you to know that I'm happy because you're here.'' He said smiling gently with tear puffed face. I smiled and wiped his wet face. I leaned in to kiss him. He responded right away and put one hand on my waist while the other one was holding my face. I apsolutely love his kisses. They are sometimes rough, but he always kisses me tenderly and softly.

''I feel like it will never be enough saying I love you.'' He whispered against my lips. I giggled at his words.
''You can say it no matter how many times you want. My next sentence will always be the same. I love you too.'' I blushed. He smiled and kissed my cheeks gently. He started kissing down my jawline softly. I felt really weird but in a good way. The feeling was completely new to me.

''Am I interrupting something?'' I jumped away from Daniel when I heard Riley's voice.

Don't forget to vote.