Chapter 25

Daniel's POV

I didn't know how to react. I was scared and shocked. To hear that my girl is pregnant with twins, only brought me fear. I can't believe that I'm going to have two kids. How was I supposed to react? What if I can't be good enough for them? But the biggest fear was, what if I become like my father?

That question has been bothering me since yesterday when I found out. I just can't seem to get it off my mind. That fear from my childhood stuck within me even if I tried to push it away. I feel helpless. And Siena is mad at me. I saw her this morning and she gave me a silent treatment. I deserve it tho. I deserve every punishment she is going to give to me.

It was past lunch time, but I didn't want to eat. I lost my apetite and motivation for work. I was going to stay at home today. I took the picture of my kids from the nightstand and looked at it. There were two darker spots on the ultrasound.
''Do you want a broken father, kids?'' I asked quietly. They both looked so little and I can't imagine them when they are going to be full grown babies.

There was some feeling that was squeezing my heart from happiness. I felt happy that I'm becoming a father, but the fear of actually being that didn't allow me to be excited. My mind is so complicated that even I can't understand it. And my Siena is also sad because of me. Why do I make people around me sad? Am I just that unlucky?

I looked at my phone to see Luca calling me on the facetime.
''Yes?'' I answered the call.
''Man, you f*cked up. How could you do that to Si? You know she is always vulnerable. The f*ck?'' He attacked me over the phone.
''I know, Luca. You don't have to tell me what I did. I want to apologize, but she doesn't want to talk to me.'' I hissed in the phone.

''I wonder why she doesn't want to talk to you.'' He said sarcastically.
''Do you know how happy she was when she found out about the twins? And you go off like that.'' He scolded, making me feel guiltier than I was.
''I made a mistake. I'm aware of that.'' I said.

''My girl is also upset because of your behaviour. I don't like to see her like that. So you better fix things up.'' He said angrily.
''I will.'' I said. He stopped walking and sat on the chair in his office, I suppose. His face changed to one of the worry.

''But tell me. Why did you react like that? Aren't you happy that you will be a father?'' He asked confused.
''I am happy, Luca. But I'm scared. What if I become like my father?'' I said.
''Why would you become like that piece of trash?'' He asked disgusted.
''I don't know. I'm just scared.'' I snapped back.

''Listen here. Do you love Siena?''
''Of course I do. She is my everything.'' I answered right away. What kind of question is that? I love her with my life.
''Will you love your kids?'' He asked.
''I already do.'' I smiled a little.

''Then why the f*ck you think you're going to be like your father? Sorry to tell you, but your crazy ass father didn't love you. If he loved you, you wouldn't have to suffer your whole childhood, man. So don't think you're going to be like him.'' Luca got a point.

My father was heartless man with no place for love. Not even for his children. I would never allow my children to suffer. I would kill anyone who thinks that they can touch my kids. Why did I even feared about that?
''Do you understand now?'' Luca asked. I looked at the camera and nodded.
''Thank you, Luca.''

''You're the softest man I ever met, Daniel.'' He joked.
''I'm not soft. Maybe, you should go with me in the dungeon to prove you that.'' I smirked.
''No, thanks.'' He cringed. He looked at me like he wanted to ask me something.
''What do you want?'' I deadpanned.

''I wanted to tell you that Riley decided to move in with me. We wanted to settle down first and I'm already doing the nursery as a surprise.'' He explained.
''Good for you. That gave me the idea that I need to start doing that too.'' I said thougthfully.
''Si is just five weeks. It can wait.'' My baby is just five weeks in and I already gave her stress. I'm such a bad boyfriend and father.

''Luca, call you later. I need to find Siena.'' I said.
''Bye bye, daddy Daniel.'' He laughed and hung down the video call. I got up from the bed and walked out of the room. Luck was on my side as I saw her coming towards the room. She noticed me standing in front of the room door and just brushed past me. She started going towards the wardrobe, but I stopped her.

''I want to have a talk.'' I said. She removed my hand from hers gently and turned to look at me.
''What about?'' She asked.
''About our kids.'' That seemed to caught her attention as she went to sit on the bed.
''Talk.'' She said blankly.

''Since yesterday, I felt guilty of how I snapped. I never wanted to see you hurt. But when you told me about the twins, I was scared. I thought I will become like my father. But I know that I will never be like him because I love you. I love you and our kids and I will never want to hurt you like how my father did to me. I'm so sorry, baby.'' I breathed out. She wiped her unshredded tears.

''You hurt me really bad.'' She said.
''I know. If you don't want me to be with you, please just let me be near my kids. I love them already and I will do everything for them. Please, Siena.'' I pleaded. I was ready to drop on my knees. I just wanted to prove myself that I can be good father. And I will be.

She got up from the bed and hugged me tightly. I didn't expect this reaction, but when I heard her sobbing, it broke my heart. I wrapped my arms tightly around her, taking in her scent.
''Don't cry, my love. It's my fault for making you sad. I'm so sorry. I will never hurt you again.'' I said.

''I thought you didn't want them. I was really hurt, Daniel. But you should have talked to me not just burst out like that.'' She said, sniffling.
''I know. That was very unreasonable from me. I apologize, baby. When you're hurt, I'm hurt too.'' I said, wiping her tears. I kissed her cheeks softly and moved to her lips. I just pressed my lips on hers and stayed like that. I missed her even for a day.

''I don't want you to leave me, Daniel.'' She said once I pulled away.
''I won't. I promise to stay with you forever.'' She smiled and gave me a real kiss. I put my hand on her stomach, feeling the line of the bump. Our babies are growing so fast. I can't wait to hold them in my arms. They will always be protected and safe with me.
''I love you.'' Siena said tracing her hand down my cheek.
''I love you, baby.'' I smiled.