Chapter 19

Siena's POV

It's been a week and we all waited for Luca to wake up. Doctor said that he is not waking up because it's something wrong, but he is the one who doesn't want to wake up. If that would be understandable. I believe Riley visited him secretly because she seemed calm for a few days. Like she is at peace.

''Daniel, what do you think why Luca doesn't want to wake up?'' I asked him confused. It doesn't make sense.
''I don't know, baby. Maybe he wants to sleep.'' He shrugged and continued doing push ups. I was sitting criss crossed on the floor looking at him. He was exercising for some time now. I was thinking when he will stop.

''50!'' He exclaimed and stopped.
''Give me the water, baby.'' He breathed heavily, his skin was glistening with sweat. In conclusion, it was disgusting with attractivness. If that makes sense. I handled him the bottle next to me and he chugged few gulps.
''Why do you exercise if you get tired?'' I furrowed my eyebrows.
''To have better stamina. You never exercised before?'' He asked. I got up from the floor and dusted off my pants.

''Are you really asking me that?'' I chuckled. I never did a squat in my life.
''I know that you never exercised. You gained a bit of weight.'' He poked my stomach playfully.
''What?'' I asked. My eyes swelled with tears. Why did his words hurt that much? Does he think I'm fat?
''No, baby. I didn't mean it that way. I don't think you are fat. I love your body. It's beautiful. Please don't cry.'' He panicked and brushed his thumbs under my eyes.

''Why did you tease me like that?'' I smacked his chest.
''I didn't want to hurt you. It was a joke, princess.'' He chuckled at my 5 year old demanour.
''It wasn't a nice joke.'' I huffed. He brought me to his chest and wrapped his arms around me.
''I love you.'' He kissed my cheek.
''I love you too, but I'm going to vomit because of your sweat.'' I said and removed from his arms.
''See me when you take a shower.'' I giggled and waved him.

After getting out of the gym in the basement, I headed upstairs. I went to the kitchen and took ice cream from the fridge. I don't get it. Why would you work out when you can enjoy eating everything you want and be lazy? But whoever wants to do that, like Daniel, it's good and healthy. I'm proud of him for putting an effort into that. I can even see some lines forming on his abdomen which is good for him.

I sat in the living room and turned on some reality show. It funny how people there do a lot of stupidity to get famous or popular. Why would they make fool of themselves for fame? I will never understand that. It's ridiculous to even think about that. But I actually have fun watching this. Watching the TV and eating ice cream, I didn't notice Daniel who rushed from his gym.

''Baby, Luca is awake. Doctor called me now. We need to go.'' He said excitedly.
''Alright. Go take a shower and dress yourself.'' I said. I walked to the kitchen and put the ice cream back in. I was so happy to hear that Luca is finally awake. It took him long enough to decide to wake up.

I went upstairs and filled Muffin's food and water. He was playing with some rubber bone. Daniel was out of the closet in a second. I took my phone and put it in a purse. We both went out to the car. Daniel seemed relieved and happy that Luca woke up. No matter how much I talked to him about what happened, I know he still felt guilty about it. But they both didn't know someone will attack them even tho Daniel mentioned something about that he already dealt with that.

Arriving at the hospital, we rushed inside and went towards Luca's room.
''I see that you arrived fast here.'' Doctor chuckled coming towards us.
''Is he alright now?'' I asked worriedly.
''He is perfectly fine now. But he will need to spend some time here in the hospital. Tests came out well so there is nothing to worry about.'' He explained.
''Thank you. Can we go inside?'' I asked.
''Of course.''

Daniel opened the door and we saw him sitted up in the bed. The nurse was giving him to drink and she fixed the pillow behind him. The nurse left the room when she saw us.
''Luca?'' I called him. He turned his head towards us and smiled.
''Si? Daniel?'' He was happy to meet us and other way around.
''You worried us.'' Daniel said. He started acting like a timid man all of a sudden.

''How do you feel? Do you need anything?'' I asked. I brought the chair and sat down next to him.
''I'm fine. I would like to get out of this bed soon.'' He chuckled.
''Doctor said you won't be getting out of the hospital soon.'' Daniel said smugly.
''And you seem happy about it?'' Luca bickered.
''I was actually afraid for your life when that happened.'' Daniel admitted. I didn't know how to feel about their conversation.

''Did you find them?'' Luca asked.
''I did. They were already dealt with.'' Daniel confirmed which made Luca satisfied. What they're doing is no good, but it's not my place to chim in.
''Enough about those men.'' I exclaimed. They both nodded in agreement.
''It's good that you woke up. If you need anything, just ask. We are here for you.'' I smiled and squeezed his hand gently
''Thank you. To both of you.'' He smiled appreciately.

''I'm going to the restroom. Do you want something from vending machine by the way?'' Daniel asked.
''Bring me an orange juice.'' I said. He nodded and got out of the room.
''She was here.'' I said just when he got out.
''Riley?'' He asked. I nodded my head. He smiled widely and I could feel happiness raditating off of him.

''I thought I felt someone's presence when I was unconcious other than yours. I could even hear something.'' He said, trying to think.
''Yes. I knew she would visit you.'' I beamed.
''And the baby? How is my baby?'' He asked looking concerned.
''The baby is fine. I think I put the picture in the purse.'' I asked and took my purse. And I was correct. I did put the picture in this purse.

''Here.'' I handed it to him. He took it with shaky hands and this was the first time I saw Luca in tears. He caressed the picture and brought it to his lips to kiss it. That act alone made my eyes swell with tears. It was so emotional but I was concerned that Daniel will be back any minute.
''It's a girl.'' I notified him. His eyes sparkled as he looked at the picture again.
''My daughter.'' He whispered kissing the picture once again. Looking at him, I figured out this has to be dealt with soon.

We both calmed down when Daniel entered the room again. Luca saved the picture under his blanket quickly.
''Vending machine had some problems but here you go.'' He said and gave me the juice.
''Thank you, love.'' I smiled. I looked at Luca who winked at me.