Chapter 1

Daniel's POV

I grimaced at the loud noise caused by the door of my cell. I smirked when I saw the officer in front of my cell.
''Are you ready?'' He asked me. I pushed past him and started walking with my bag attached on my shoulder.

I'm finally leaving this hell hole after two years. I can't say it was that bad, but I missed my freedom. It's funny how I'm getting released on Christmas day. People are celebrating Christmas and here I am, celebrating my release.

''I don't think you deserved this early release. After what you did...'' Officer said, shaking his head in disbelief.
''Well then, keep thinking, because I don't give a f*ck.'' I retorted. He opened the door and I was hit with cold fresh air.

''It was nice meeting you, but I hope never again.'' I snickered and turned on my heels. F*cking finally! But I was pissed off. I'm their motherf*cking boss. Why nobody came for me? Or they all forgot I was getting released today?

I huffed in anger and continued walking. I swung my bag over my shoulder while taking a walk. For these past two years, I was waiting patiently to get out. And now that I'm finally out, I have so much to take care of.

I was sentenced for really stupid reason actually. Just because I was caught beating a few people all at once. And they gave me two years for that? That's really stupid.

I took the picture of my mama and I. I miss this woman. She is the only woman I ever loved. My mama was a fighter and she held a smile until her last breath. Maybe, just maybe if my mama stayed with me, I wouldn't become a monster I am.

I shivered when I felt cold wind hitting my neck. I suddenly let the photo of my hands and it flew on the ground. I crounched down to pick it, but wind blew again. I became frustrated that I can't take the picture.

Just when it stopped, I touched someone's soft hand. The person held picture at the same time with me. The person took the picture and stood up. I lifted myself up and took a look at the person.

It was actually a girl. She had curly brown hair and glasses with old frame that hung on her cute nose. The words stuck in my throat as I took in her appearance. I could feel my heartbeat encreasing. Why do I feel like this?

''Here you go, Mister.'' She said handing me the picture. I took the picture from her hands and tucked it in my pocket.
''Thank you.'' I said, stumbling over two f*cking words. She looked young, but maybe I was wrong.

''Why are you wandering alone today? It's Christmas.'' She said, tilting her head to the side like a confused puppy.
''I'm alone for Christmas.'' I replied. She set a pout on her plump red lips.
''I'm alone too.'' She said. I suddenly felt sad because of her. Does she have a family?

''We can spend Christmas together if you want. How about hot chocolate?'' I suggested. Are you stupid, Daniel? Asking stranger to have a drink with me?
''I don't know. I don't think I have enough money with me right now.'' She huffed cutely.
''Don't worry about that. I have enough.'' I reassured her.

''Okay then. I know a really nice café.'' She chirped and smiled. Wow, she is beautiful when she smiles. I didn't realize that the corner of my lips quirked up. She managed to make me smile.

''My name is Daniel by the way.'' I said, walking side to side with her.
''I'm Siena.'' She smiled.
''You have a beautiful name.'' I complimented which made her cheeks visibly red. I internally chuckled at her cute reaction.

We arrived in front of the café she mentioned before. It was a cozy café and she obviously knew the workers in here. We sat at the table in the back. The café was looking comfy which made this even better.

I didn't expect the first thing that I'll do, will be going to drink hot chocolate with one beautiful girl. I guess, luck was on my side today. The waiter immediately put a smile on his face when he looked at Siena. Why the f*ck is he happy for?

''Good evening, Siena. How have you been?'' He asked her. Who does he think he is? And why is he talking like that to her?
''Hey, Malcom! I'm good. I came here with my friend. Can you get us two cups of hot chocolate?'' She asked sweetly.

The boy looked at me and widened his eyes a bit. Of course he recognized me which made me smirk. People these days easily get scared.
''Okay.'' He said and turned around quickly. I looked at Siena to see her brows furrowed together.

''What were you doing today alone?'' She asked me and put her hands on the table.
''I got out of the prison.'' I said. Oh f*ck! What will she think about me now?

''Oh...Why did you do to go in prison? Mama told me that people end up in prison when they do something bad.'' She explained. How can she be so pure? If it was someone else, she would run out of this cafe.

''Yes, princess. People in prison did bad things. I fought with some people so that's why I ended up in prison.'' I said.
''Why did you do that?'' She asked me.
''That people did something wrong to me and I got angry.''

That guy Malcom came back with our drinks and set it in front of us. I couldn't ignore the wink he gave her, but chuckled when she didn't noticed because she was too busy drinking the chocolate.

''I think for something like fight, you don't need to go in prison. You should just apologize to each other and be friends.'' She said in the most innocent manner ever. Damn it, I like this girl already.
''You're right.'' I confirmed. Her little brain can't understand when a person beats someone almost to death.

''Why did you walk alone today?'' I asked.
''I was reading in the library where I work. I was actually walking home when I met you.'' She explained.
''You work in the library?''

''Yes. I graduated this year from high school and I got full time job. My boss is so nice. She always lets me to stay and read books because she knows I like reading.'' She gushed happily. I smiled at her enthusiasm. She looks very happy when she talks about her job so I assume there is no problem.

''Do you live with your parents?'' I was asking her a lot of questions, but I wanted to find out about her. She is the first girl I ever took liking to. I don't plan to let her go anytime soon.

''No. My parents are in heaven. But I live with my aunt. She took care of me when my parents passed away.'' My poor princess. She is all alone like me.
''Why don't you spend Christmas with your aunt?'' I asked, confused.

''My aunt is with her boyfriend. So I'm home alone. But I'm happy because I'm spending time with you.'' She smiled and blushed. I smirked and leaned back in the chair. Someone likes me obviously.

''I'm happy because I'm spending time with you too.'' I spoke. She smiled as she took a sip of her drink. My day couldn't pass by better. I got out of the prison and already met the most beautiful and innocent human on this planet. I will take her number and this will not be the last encounter.