Chapter 22

Luca's POV

I'm f*cking nervous. Why? Because I'm telling Daniel about everything. I'm not scared of him, I'm just nervous to actually explain it to him. And how will he react, I don't know. I expect him to be mad, but I want him to accept things that can't be changed anymore. I love his sister and I'm the father of his niece. That's the truth he needs to know and if he can't accept that, it makes him a coward.

I contacted Siena and she gave me the approval. Calling Daniel, he picked up immediately.
''What do you want?'' He deadpanned. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.
''Hello to you too. We need to meet up.'' I said.
''Why?''
''Because I have something very important to tell you and I won't do it over the phone.'' I explained.
''Fine. Meet me in my office in two hours. I'm having a meeting now.''
''Alright. Bye, asshole.'' I said and hung down.

I signed some papers and gave my secretary the rest. I had two hours to mentally prepare myself. Why does my life have to be like this? Maybe if my parents knew they are getting a granddaughter, they would be excited. Naw....who am I kidding? They only ever cared about themselves. Sometimes I ask myself if they regret disowning me. But at the same time I haven't seen them for five years. They never made a call or anything so my words have been proved right. Selfish people.

I will make sure my daughter never experiences void for her parents. I will always be there for here and Riley. They are the only people I care about the most. I would give my life for my girls if that means they live. It actually makes me so excited to know that in a few months, I'll be holding my daughter. My world will breath for the first time.

Getting lost in thoughts, I forgot I was already in my car and driving. I was driving towards the shop. I wanted to the a little shopping for my little girl. I know I'll be going to see Riley after our conversation, no matter of the consequences. This should've been dealt sooner and now I feel like I'm using the baby as an excuse. But I have no other choice. I never expected all of this to happen at all.

Entering the baby shop, I was drawn by pink and white onesies on one side. I found the section for newborns. I just chose different onesies and baby shoes. I wanted to go with Riley to do this, but since it's impossible now, I will do it by myself. There was a shirt that said Daddy's Princess. She will be my princess for real. I decided to buy other stuff to and looked around to make my time pass.

***

Coming in his building, I took the elevator to his floor. When the door opened, I headed to his office and knocked on his door. I opened the door slowly with thumping heart and saw him sitting in the chair.
''Did the meeting go well?'' I asked cooly and sat down.
''Yes. But you are not here to ask me how was I doing, right?''
''Damn right. I have something really serious to tell you.'' I sat down at the leather chair in front  of him.

''What's so important, Luca?'' He sighed and leaned down in his chair.
''Well not to beat around the bush, I love your sister. And the baby is mine.'' I blurted out looking for his reaction. He blinked at me few times in shock. Well that was fast of me to say. Maybe I should have beaten around the bush for a while.

''Can you tell me why I'm not surprised like I should be?'' He asked.
''I don't know, man. But that's how things are.'' I shrugged.
''I don't really want any details, you know? Just tell me what I should know.''
''Well, we were in a relationship while you were in the prison. Then Riley felt guilty because you didn't know and I was fool and left her. I wanted her to be happy however things happened and boom! We are having a daughter. Cool, isn't it?'' I chuckled before making a straight face.

''Boom, huh? You think leaving my sister pregnant is cool?'' He leaned in and set his fists on the table.
''Now don't misunderstand me. I didn't know she is pregnant until Siena's birthday. I don't want to blame her, but she kept that secret from me. I was clueless about the whole thing. But I loved my daughter as soon as I found out about her.'' I defended myself.

''You know what?'' He paused. ''I don't f*cking care about anything anymore. But you, Luca, will take care of my sister and my niece. Do whatever you want, I don't care anymore.'' He shrugged getting up. Is this really Daniel I knew for years? What's gotten into him? Is he secretly planning to beat me up now? I never assumed that I will get this reaction from him.

''Where are you going?'' I asked, following him.
''Home, idiot.'' He verbally assaulted me.
''Can I come too? I want to see Riley.'' I asked hopefully.
''Whatever.'' He brushed me off. I followed him out of the building to our cars. He drove off first as I tried to catch up on him with my car. Did this really happen? Now there is no barriers to remove. I can be with her. I need to apologize for everything.

We both came at the house and headed inside. Daniel didn't react to anything and let me in actually.
''I will go upstairs. Thank you, Daniel.'' I said and attempted to give him a bro hug, but he looked at me in disgust.
''We are not that close, man. Get off.'' He pushed me aside. He really knows how to ruin our fake brotherly moment. But I forgive him.

I remembered where her room was which made me rushing to her. Standing in front of her doors, I opened the door carefully. I saw her right in front of me. She was turned with her back to me. She had messy bun on top of her head and she was dressed in leggings with oversized shirt. She looked adorable. And that ass. It made me aroused just by looking at her.

I took quiet steps towards her and slowly wrapped my arms around her. My hands landed on her very protruding bump and I could feel our daughter kick. Her body tensed and she let the cloth she was folding down.
''I talked with your brother. He agreed for us.'' I said softly. I buried my face in her neck and kissed it softly.
''I missed you.'' I whispered in her ear. Her scent was arousing and it made me hard.

''Luca, don't.'' She said with shaky voice and tried to push my hands.
''Why, baby? I know what was keeping us away. Now that's gone.'' I said confused. She turned around and looked at me with teary eyes.
''You said that we are a mistake.'' She said pushing me away softly.
''You said it first.'' I said loudly.
''I lied.'' She argued back.
''I lied too.'' I was on the verge of shouting. How could she think about us like that?

She looked at me with confusion on her face.
''I thought you're happy without me. But I wasn't happy. I love you, Riley.'' I said, taking her hand.
''You do?'' She asked unsurely.
''I do. In fact, I love both of you.'' I put my hand on her stomach and felt our daughter kick. She wrapped her hands around me and hugged me tightly. She cried in my shirt and I let her. It was better if she let it out.

''I missed you so much. I'm so sorry for leaving you.'' She choked out. I wiped her tears and leaned down to kiss her. I missed her plump lips that drove me insane every time.
''I'm sorry for acting like that towards you. I never wanted to hurt you, my butterfly.'' I said. She chuckled at nickname making me smile right away.
''Can we really be together now?'' She asked happily.
''Yes, love. We can.'' She tip toed and kissed me fiercely. She pulled away too soon for my liking and looked at me with love.

''I visited you in the hospital when you were hurt. I was so worried about you.'' She said with concern.
''I know. I felt your presence.'' I chuckled.
''Our daughter kicked for the first time then.'' She said, smiling brightly.
''Really?'' I gasped in surprise. She nodded her head. I kneeled down and kissed her stomach.
''I love you too, Luca.'' She said and I felt accomplished.

Don't forget to vote!