Chapter 15

Luca's POV

''F*ck, f*ck, f*ck!'' I chanted over and over again. I messed up really bad. Riley must be so angry at me and I'm helpless. But I'm going to be a dad. I'm really going to be a father. Remembering her words that she'll raise our child alone, spiked anger in me. I won't let her take my child away from me. That baby is a part of me too and I don't plan to let it go.

I don't know who should I ask for help. I want to tell Daniel about us and I want him to know that I'm my baby's father. Firstly because he is her brother and because he is her only family that I don't want to give disrespect in that case. But that man doesn't sit right with me. Since we are in this business we always bickered with one another.

Believe it or not, but Siena is the only friend I ever had. I don't have any friends except her and I was happy to go on that breakfast that morning. I just didn't guess Riley would be there. That wasn't bad at all. I was happy to see her. Since we departed that night, I have always kept an eye on her. But just for protection even tho I never collected the information about her being pregnant.

*flashback*

''We can't do this anymore. I feel guilty for betraying my brother.'' Riley said. I was hurt to see her crying, but if leaving her would make her happy, I would gladly do it. I want her to be happy without hiding in fear from her brother. Daniel and I are not really friends and he would never allow us to be together.

''I agree. Why are we even doing this? We should forget all of it.'' I smirked fakely. I just wished to hug her tightly and not let her go ever. She kept silent looking at me with teary eyes. I grabbed her coat and purse then shoved it in her arms.
''Go, Riley. We can never be real.'' I said. I turned my back to her fighting the tears. Luca Huston never cries, but this hurt so damn much.

''Luca...'' She started, but I cut her off.
''Leave my house. Now.'' I greethed out. I know if we keep staying together, she would be constantly feeling guilty and sad. I love her too much to see her unhappy. Her life matters to me the most. I will always watch out on her.

When I heard the door shut, I collapsed on the couch. That night, I cried. I cried like never before. That night my heart was broken, my body was limp. I was paralyzed.

*flashback over*

That's how I departed from the love of life. I accepted her feelings and let her go. They say if you sincerely love the person, you'll let her go. And I did just that. But weird thing is, everytime I got the pictures of her she looked emotionless. She wasn't smiling or looking sad.

I know what I had to do. Contact Siena. She is a smart girl that can give an advice when needed. I dialled her number and waited for her to pick up.
''Hey, Luca!'' She chirped.
''Hey, Si. Do you have time for a talk? Face to face? Alone?'' I asked carefully.
''Uhm...yeah. Where do you want to meet?''
''We can go to café.'' I suggested.
''Okay. Can you pick me up from work at 3?''
''Sure. I'll see you then.'' I said.

I knew she would agree to talk to me. I feel like I can tell everything to Siena. She is understanding and kind. She can never hate anyone. Riley is like her, but she can talk back when necessary. I like when she is angry about something. That makes her hot.

I took a shower and made myself a lunch before going on time to pick her up. I will find some café on the way. I drove to the library she works at and saw her waiting for me outside. She smiled and got inside my car.
''I was worried after your call. You sounded concerned over the phone. Is everything alright?'' She asked me.
''I'll explain you everything.''

I noticed a small café by the side of a rode and stopped in front of it. We both got inside the café and settled in the corner. Waiter was soon standing next to us. He left after giving him our orders.

''First, promise me you won't judge me or be angry at me.'' I said.
''It's alright. You can tell me.'' She reassured me. I took a deep breath and exhaled.
''I'm the father of Riley's baby. Our baby.'' I stated leaving her mouth agape.
''What?''
''Riley is carrying my child.'' I repeated.
''Wha‐How? Explain.'' She breathed out.
''So it was like this...'' I started.

Half an hour later

''Wow! Just wow.'' She said. I told her our story that left her gasping at some parts. I told her the truth.
''Yup.'' I awkwardly said. I didn't know what was she thinking of me.
''That's epic. Luca, you sound like you truly love her. Why did you let her go?''
''I wanted her to be happy. I couldn't give her that happiness tho.'' I smiled sadly.
''Then why is she still sad? She is often forcing her smile.''
''I don't know. It was the best to let her go. She confirmed that in some way.''

''I don't know what to do, Si. Help me.'' I pleaded her.
''I know this may sound scary, but you should tell Daniel everything in the way you told me. I will get him ready if you want.'' She said and she was right.
''I know. I will do it. He has a right to know.'' She nodded her head.

''And when you get on good terms with Daniel, you should talk to Riley. If she knows that Daniel agreed, she should give in. Riley is really a soft person. Everything can hurt her.'' Siena said.
''I know. She is delicate and kind. I love her whole. Really. She changed my life.'' I explained.
''I believe you.'' Si chuckled.

''How is my baby doing? Is everything okay?'' I asked worriedly.
''The baby is fine. She is five months pregnant. Pregnancy looks good on her. She is glowing differently. In few days I agreed to go with her for the appointment.''
''I wish I could see her. I really miss her.'' I sighed.
''I believe you do. My mom always told me that everything will fall back on its place. Life is like a puzzle.''

''Can you do me just one favor?'' I asked.
''Sure. What is it?'' She leaned in.
''Can you get me an ultrasound picture from the next appointment?'' She smiled widely.
''Okay. I'll steal one for you. I can tell you the gender too.'' She said. I nodded my head, smiling appreciatively. I can't wait to see my child.