012 | take your shirt off

BETTY ARRIVED LATE, RUNNING through the ministry to greet Newt when he got his travel ban lifted

BETTY ARRIVED LATE, RUNNING through the ministry to greet Newt when he got his travel ban lifted. She wore a simple navy dress, light blue heels clicking against the floor as she tried to make it on time. Her hair was starting to come out of the pins despite the time that Bunty spent helping Betty put it in correctly.

After the last year she had become friends with the assistant who had an obvious massive crush on Newt.

Betty finally made it to the office just in time to see Theseus and Newt standing outside.

"Betty, its been a while, Newt still refuses to bring the two of you to dinner," Theseus said before hugging Betty and she smiled at him before standing next to Newt.

"It has, we really should catch up but we are so busy lately with Newts book signing and looking after the creatures," she said and Newt smiled at her perfect answer.

"That is true, well, I'll see you later. Remember what I said Newt,' he said before the two walked out.

"You didn't get the ban lifted Puff?" She asked as they walked out together

"Nope. You did your hair," he said in shock and Betty laughed to herself.

"Kind of, Bunty helped me," she said and Newt laughed as the two walked out of the ministry.

"You still haven't talked to Leta have you?" He questioned as the two walked past her talking to some people and Betty shook her head.

"I don't have anything else to say," she said, folding her arms in front of her chest like a stubborn child. Newt chuckled to himself before holding his arm out to her.

"Ready for a nice walk home?" He asked and she took his arm, nodding before the two apparated onto a London back street.

The two walked, still arm in arm as they noticed an auror following them. They looked at one another before simultaneously turning into a dark alleyway, avoiding the auror that was so obviously following them.

Newt peeked round the corner, seeing him look around for the duo. "Ventus," Newt whispered, pointing his wand at the auror that was following them.

The man fought an invisible wind much to the confusion and amusement of the muggles and Newt turned back to look at Betty with a mischievous smile on his face.

Suddenly, a single black glove appeared, hovering in thin air and the duo looked at each other before back at the strange glove.

It gave a soft wave before pointing towards the distance. Betty and Newt both turn to it instantly and saw a human figure standing on top of St Paul's Cathedral that raised an arm around the two. Newt looked at the glove which held its hand out to shake and Newt shook the gloves hand before it turned to Betty.