008 | chemtrails over the country club

THEY APPROACHED THE DEPARTMENT store, windows littered with magazines

THEY APPROACHED THE DEPARTMENT store, windows littered with magazines. Jacob runs in front, watching as a handbag starts to slip off of the handle inside.

Everyone else rushed after him, watching the bag float in mid air and then fade into the store. They walked inside to see aisles decorated for Christmas, and lined with jewellery. The place had been shut down for the night, all lights turned off which made it feel cold and eery.

Newt and the group quietly make their way through the store, hiding behind a large Christmas display.

"So Demiguises are fundamentally peaceful, but they can give a nasty nip if provoked." He whispered to Betty and she nodded her head slightly as the Demiguise appears.

It was a silver haired and orangutan like creature, clambering over the display to reach a box of sweets.

"You three, head that way." He said to Tina, Jacob and Queenie, they started to move slowly but stopped when they heard Newts voice, "And try very hard not to be predictable." He added.

Tina nodded in response before heading off. A loud roar is heard in the distance and the Demiguise looks up at the ceiling before shovelling the sweets from earlier into his handbag.

"Was that the Demiguise?" Betty whispered into his ear; she was so close to him and it sent shivers down his spine.

"No, but I think it might be the reason that the Demiguise is here." Newt suggested, pulling away from her a bit to look at the Demiguise.

Betty and Newt swiftly move towards the Demiguise which is no moving through the store.

It must have realised it had been spotted because it looked at Newt with a confused expression before climbing up some side steps. Betty smiled at Newt who was watching with a big grin on his face, she knew that this had been his plan from the start and it was one of the things she loved about him.

The two follow the Demiguise up the stairs and into a huge, dark attic space that had shelves covered in tons of dining room equipment and other random stuff.

The Demiguise stood in the moonlight, glancing around before placing all of the sweets on the floor in front of him.

"It's sight operates on probability, so it can foresee the most likely immediate future." He whispers to Betty and she narrows her eyes at the Demiguise. Newt starts to approach it from behind, Betty close behind.

"So whats it doing?" She asked, a very curious tone in her voice as she followed Newt.

"It's babysitting." He said quietly and Betty looked at him in confusion before tuening to see the Demiguise offering one of the sweets to the corner where the sound came from ealier.

"What did you just say?" She asked, her voice shocked as she looked at something moving in the shadows, the silhouette almsot invisible.

"This is my fault. I thought I had them all, but I must have miscounted." Newt said calmly, realising something that Betty had not yet realised. Jacob, Queenie and Tina walk up to Betty slowly as Newt approaches the Demiguise.