002 | thunderbirds don't like strangers

BETTY CLIMBED DOWN AFTER NEWT who had now taken his jacket off which left him in a brown vest, looking at his annoyed face

"I hate it when you don't listen to my advice," he said and she laughed, playfully punching him on the shoulder.

"Come on Newt, you know you love me," she said and they stood there for a second, awkwardly staring at the ladder before they saw a pair of legs fall down. Betty and Newt each grabbed one leg, pulling Jacob down the ladder.

Newt went to some kind of bench and started making a weird concoction whilst Betty helped a slightly sweaty Jacob onto the chair.

Betty placed her hand on the bite mark, tilting Jacobs head to the side so she could see it better but he flinched at the touch.

"Dont panic Mr Kowalski, I was a trainee healer," she said and Newt laughed to himself.

"The skill really helped when I got myself into a bit of a predicament," Newt said as he walked over to them.

"That's definitely the Murtlap. You must be particularly susceptible." Betty said as she examined the bite, Newt looking over her shoulder at it.

"Mr Kowalski, you're a Muggle. So our physiologies are subtly different." Newt explained as he picked up a strange leaf and placed it on the mans neck. "Stay still. Now that should stop the sweating. And one of those should sort the twitch."

Newt had this sort of confidence in his voice and it made Betty smile, remembering all the times he was shy and awkward at school.

Newt grabbed a random cleaver and started chopping up meat before throwing it back into a bucket and passing it to Jacob.

"Take that." He said and Jacob looked into the bucket confused. Newt stood in the corner, squeezing blue juice out of something.

Betty walked over to watch, but leaving a good sightline for Jacob who was still holding the bucket of meat. "What you got there?" Jacob asked as Newt walked back over with Betty to the muggle.

"This, the locals call Swooping Evil, not the friendliest of names. It's quiet an agile fellow." He said, hanging the creature from his finger like a caterpillar in a cocoon. "I've been studying him. And I am pretty sure his venom could be quite useful if properly diluted. Just to remove bad memories, you know."

He walked over to the wall, still looking directly at Betty as he said the last sentence which she assumed was about school.

He flicked his wrist and the Swooping Evil came loose from its cocoon, nearly attacking Jacob. Betty let out a chocked scream and Newt captured the creature again.

He turned around, a devilish smirk evident on his face as he looked at Betty, "Probably shouldnt let him loose in here, though." He said, winking at Betty before opening the door, leaving Jacob and Betty stunned in the other room. She was so impressed at what he was doing, she couldn't wait to know what was in the other room.