006 | a little fall of rain

BETTY AND NEWT STOOD IN THEpure white cell room which consists of a chair that magically hovered over a pool of some sort of potion

pure white cell room which consists of a chair that magically hovered over a pool of some sort of potion. They were forced inside and Betty sighed, she was ready to try everything.

"It don't hurt." The executioner said in a horribly calm voice that made them seem even less at ease than they did before.

Betty takes one last look at Newt, about to say something, when she is pushed towards the end. Her breathing becomes heavy as she wants to admit her feelings to Newt before it all ends, before she dies. The executioner turns to her, a smile on her face.

"These strange creatures, you risk your life for them" the nurse muttered under her breath and Betty laughed to herself.

"There are no strange creatures-" she said and turned to look at Newt.

"-Only blinkered people," they said at the same time and Newt looked like he was about to say something when the executioner pointed something at Betty's head, pulling a strand out of it which gave her a calm and vacant expression.

The terrifying and smiling executioner pulled the strand of memories and threw them into the pool and it started to change colour, images appearing on the surface from her memories.

Betty smiled as she saw the last Christmas she spent with her brothers, swimming along the water.

But the one she focused on was the happy memories from school. She smiled when she saw the memory of her and Newt at the ball. It was probably one of their best memories together and even Newt smiled when he saw her in that lavish red dress again.

"Come on down Betts," The young Newt from the memory called, his voice sounding slightly muffled. She smiled at his face, ignoring ths screams coming from Newt.

"I'm over here Betts, please, he's not real," Newt yelled out, struggling against the restraints as he tried to make his way over to her, to tell her how he felt. "I love you, please just, come back to me ok," he screamed out, admitting that he loved her for the first time.

The executioner standing next to Betty turned around, shooting him a nasty look that made Newt shut up immediately.

"Dont that look good? You wanna get in? Huh?" The lady asked and Betty nodded vacantly, it was almost like she wasn't real.

She sat down in the chair, smiling at the happy memories that swirled around her. Images of her family and of spending hours reading in the library with Leta and Newt.

Suddenly, the image changed to their heated kiss outside the carriage. Newt quickly glances down to see Pickett clambering on the shackles that were on Newts hand.