001 | i miss my loverman

BETTY SAT IN THE ROOM, HEARING the door open but not really paying attention as she buried her head in the book, ignoring the door opening

"Teenie, you brought men home?" Queenie said and Bettys head snapped up. They weren't allowed to have men in the apartment, Mrs Esposito wasn't going to be happy.

"Gentlemen, this is my sister. You want to put something on, Queenie?" She heard Tina say and Betty stood up, peeking round the corner to see Queenie putting one of her dresses on.

She turned the corner and saw a larger man sweating as well as someone she hadn't seen in years. He looked at her with a confused expression on his face as he took in her appearance.

They hadn't seen each other in about 13 years and they both stood there like gargoyles, looking at each one another in shock.

He took a deep breath and smiled. She had cut her auburn hair so that it reached her shoulders, the slightly wavy style making her look so different to school, but her piercing blue eyes met his in such a familiar way.

"Newt," she said as she approached him and he smiled at her. It was almost like everyone else in the room had disappeared.

"Betts," he whispered, scared of what she was going to do so he was shocked when she wrapped her arms around his neck.

She pulled away laughing, wiping a single tear off of her cheek as she looked at him.

"It's been too long Betts," he said and suddenly they stood awkwardly. Remembering the last ever interaction they ever had with one another, in the school courtyard.

"I'm sorry but, who are they?" Queenie asked, Newt and Betty being taken out of their little world as they heard Tina start to speak again.

"Thats Mr. Scamander. He's commited a serious infraction of the National Statute of Secrecy." Tina explained and Betty laughed.

"You're a criminal?" She asked, an almost sarcastic tone in her voice as she looked up at Newt. He hadn't changed that much. He must have been at least 6'1 now, much taller than her 5'5 size, and his face looked way more defined than it did when they were younger

"And this is Mr. Kowalski, he is a No- Maj." Tina explained before Queenie looked over at the poor man.

"A No-Maj? Teen, what are you up to?" Queenie asked and Tina shook her head at her sister before looking at Betty, the seemingly only reasonable one there.

"He has become sick, its a long story. Mr Scamander has lost something, I'm going to help him find it." Tina explained and Betty crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"What have you done now Newt," she said, an almost sarcastic tone in her voice as she looked up at him.

After 13 years she was still more in love with him than she had ever been back then. She'd always thought he was attractive but now he looked like the most handsome man in the world, but she kept the feelings inside, she didn't dare tell anyone how she felt about Newt. But Betty internally cursed herself for thinking that, remembering Queenie was in the room.