Prologue 2

THE DUO WALKES INTO THE POTIONS room and Newt furrowed his brows

"Did you sneak your mums strawberries into class again?" He whispered in her ear and she shook her head confused.

The three fifteen year olds stood in potions waiting for their teacher to walk in.

Professor Dumbeldore walked in and Newt looked at the girls confused.

"Hi students, sorry to say professor Pippet had an incident with some mandrakes so I'm covering todays lesson," he explained and they all nodded their heads.

"Ok, so today we are learning about a powerful potion, Amortentia, can anyone tell me what it is?" He asked and some people put their hand up. Dumbeldore selected Newt who walked up to the potion.

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. The smell varies from person to person, according to what attracts them" he explained and Dumbeldore looked at Newt and smiled.

A smirk appeared on the proffesors face as he looked at Newt.

"And what do you smell Mr Scamander?" He asked and Newt took in a deep breath he didn't even realise he was taking.

"I smell the fresh air, umm some kind of flower and-" Newt started to explain and he took a deep breath, trying to figure out what he could smell from the potion, "-Strawberries, freshly grown strawberries," he said, a blush rising on his face as the realisation of it appeared.

Dumbeldore smiled at him before looking around the room at everyone else. His gaze landed on Betty as she blushed.

"Anyone else want to try?" He asked, almost curious and half expecting every girl in the room to want to try it but no hand went up.

"What about you Elizabeth?" He asked and Betty's head snapped up in shock as she slowly approached the potion that stood in front of her, taking one last look at Newt who was retreating back into the crowd - a blush evident on his face.

She inhaled the smell and thought about it for a second.

"Well I smell grass, burning wood, uhhh, salt water and, and-" she said, narrowing her eyes at the potion, "-Newt," she whispered to herself.

The only person who heard was Dumbeldore who smiled to himself, pretending he didn't hear as he allowed Betty to walk back over to the crowd and Newt whilst their teacher put a lid on the potion so nobody could smell it anymore.

When she stood next to Newt he took a deep breath as he smelt it again. The Lavender like smell that was radiating off of her and he recognised it instantly, the smell from the Amortentia.

They both looked at the front of the class awkwardly as she smelt the familiar grassy aroma that she had smelt earlier. But the one that she recognised most was the last one, the last smell she didn't want to reveal to the rest of the class. Newt, the signature shampoo thay reminded her so much of home as she took another deep breath, panicking that he would notice that it was him she could smell in the love potion.