014 | broken cobblestones

NEWT, JACOB AND BETTY WALKED along the white cliffs of Dover, Betty walking alone up ahead as she searched for the man who was going to be taking them to Paris

"Even though that magazine was wrong, I think you should really should try it," Jacob said, noticing how Newt was watching Betty as she walked along.

"Try what?" Newt asked, genuinely curious about what Jacob had to say.

"We all see how you are hopelessly in love with her Newt, you just need to admit it," Jacob said, Newt blushing bright red as he watched Betty walk up ahead.

She was searching around, her heels digging into the mud as she searched for somebody.

"I don't know know what you're talking about, and even if I did, I don't know what I would say to her," he said, looking at Jacob awkwardly. Jacob smirked, looking at the man as he watched Betty walk around.

"Just speak from the heart, compliment her, girls love that," Jacob explained, reminiscing on his times with Queenie.

"She has eyes like a salamander," he said and Jacob scrunched his nose up at the thought.

"Don't say that," he said, a small chuckle falling off his lips as he heard Newts terrible attempt at flirting. But he could tell that Newt was so in love with her, it was obvious to everyone but him.

"Listen, just explain that you've loved her all these years, that you're losing sleep over thinking about her. Say something sweet about her, she'll love that," Jacob said. He thought about his memories with Queenie, knowing that he had to get her back. "Just don't say anything about no Salamanders okay," .

"Right, okay," he said, looking up at Betty who was still walking ahead, searching for the man. He smiled at her as she almost skipped through the grass, a gleeful expression on her face.

"We're gonna be alright, I'm gonna help you get Betty, we'll find Queenie and everything will be like the good old days," he said, placing a hand on Newts shoulder.

That's all Newt wanted, for their weird little friendship to be back again and for him to finally find the courage to tell Betty how he really felt. He'd already told her but she wasn't really able to hear so it didn't count.

Betty spots an ominous figure standing on the ledge, she walked over, not hearing Newt and Jacob looking at the man confused.

"He's the only way Newt can leave the country, now you don't suffer from motion sickness do you?" Betty asked as they finally caught up to her. Jacob looked at Newt and Betty worried.

"I don't do well on boats," he stated and Betty smiled, her lips curled up as she looked at them. They approached the man as he stood on the edge of the cliff next to a rusty old boot.