Chapter 22

Gabi's POV
I woke up from my nap and saw a blanket on me. I was still in JJ's office. I checked my phone and it was already 4, but I was still tired. So I drifted to sleep again.

JJ's POV
The team figured out the case in a matter of hours. Everyone was going back to their own desks and I see Emily walking to hers. She looks confused so I bet she was wondering where Gabi was.

"Hey Em, Gabi's in my office."

"Oh thanks JJ." She sat down and started talking with Reid and Derek. I got some files from the briefing room and head to my office.

I saw Gabi still sleeping. I sat in my desk to see other files and waited for Gabi to wake up.

After a few more hours, it concerned me that she still sleeping. So I got up and went over to her. Just before I was going to nudge her , she started moving. She kept talking in her sleep and I notice tears were coming out. She then started moving and crying.

"Gabi." I shook her a bit but nothing. I shook her a bit harder, "Gabi". She woke up startled. She wipe her tears and look away. I sat down next to her.

"Gabi, are you okay?"

She put her head in her knees, "yes".

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe you."

"I'm okay. Just a bad dream." She said still not looking at me but having her head in her knees.

"Honey, do you get them all the time recently or not?"

"No, it's every once in a while."

"Gabi, can you please look at me?" She raised her head and tears were coming out of her like they weren't going to stop.

"Oh honey" I put my arms around her, "just let it out, better to let it out than not to."

After a few minutes, she whispered my name.

"JJ?"

"Yes honey?"

"I think I'm okay now, thank you."

I looked at her, wiping her face and smiled a bit. "Whenever you're ready to talk, you know you can always text me or call me or find me."

"Thank you"

"Now before I forget, I do need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what is it?"

"Are you seriously okay? What's going on? I've seen you lately, and I've notice you seem nervous about something?"

"JJ, I'm okay."

"Gabi-"

"JJ, I'm fine" Gabi said as she gets up from the couch. "I'm fine, everything is fine." I notice she started panicking a bit but was trying to act okay in front of me.  "I left my canvas at my mom's desk, I'll leave you alone so you can work. Thanks again for letting me crash here." She quickly walked out of my office. I know something is bugging the little girl and I know it's going to take some time for her to say anything.

I texted Emily

Me
Hey, does Gabi seems okay to you?

Em Prentiss
Yea. She just drawing and talking with Reid. Why?

Me
Just asking, she took a long nap today

Em Prentiss
She's probably having nightmares again. She normally climbs into bed when she does but I assume she been okay. Thanks

JJ
No problem, I'll talk to you later

Emily's POV
I put my phone down and watch Gabi sitting on Morgan's desk and Reid arguing with them about some thing.