Chapter 10

Gabi's POV
I had a nightmare, James was back and killed Emily. I was  all alone.

I got up and quietly went to my bathroom. I got my inhaler and put it on my bedside

The dream was so real and I woke up sweating. I decided to take a bath and try to calm myself. I didn't want to go and have to wake Emily. After I got out I changed and didn't want to go to bed. I stayed up and around 6am I was crying and pretty soon went to sleep.

I woke up again at 7:30 am and had another nightmare. I turn facing the tv and couldn't go back to sleep. I was still crying and shaking but wasn't being loud.

Emily's POV
I got up around 8. I changed and went to check up on Gabi. I knock on her door and went inside, she didn't seem to notice me. As I walk closer to her, I notice she had been crying.

"Gabi?" I go near her and kneel in front of her. "What's wrong?" I get some hair out of hair. She stayed quiet and was crying silently. "Did you have a nightmare?" She nodded yes slowly, "Honey why didn't you come and get me?" She shrugged her shoulders. I got her up and hugged her, she was still crying. "It's okay, im here, you're safe. You're okay."

She calmed down and I notice her inhaler was on her table next to her bed. "Honey, did you have an asthma attack?" She nodded no.

"I just had it there just in case." We stay together, hugging until she got up and head to the bathroom. I waited on her bed and eventually she came out.

"Do you want to talk about?" I asked as she went to her closet

"It just what happened with James. This time he came back to get me and I couldn't go to sleep anymore. I did around 6 but I had another nightmare, same thing." She had tears going down her face. I got up and turn her around so she can face me. I kneeled in front of her, "Honey, what James did was unspeakable but I promise you, he can't hurt you anymore. He is dead." She hugged me and said, "I know, I'm just scare Emily."

She eventually calmed down and changed. We went downstairs and ate and watch tv for a bit. She was cuddled up to me and we were watching Mulan.

"Emily?" She asked me

"Yes honey?"

"Can you teach me to swim?"

"Of course, go up and change into your bathing suit. Penelope brought you some, they're in your drawers in the closet." She smiled and went upstairs. I went to my room and changed

Gabi's POV
Emily was been so good to me. I'm nervous to swim. I changed, put my hair in a bun, got a towel and went downstairs. Emily was still changing so I waited outside. I sat near the pool and just waited. In 5 minutes Emily came out in her bathing suit.

"You ready?" Ask Emily. I nodded and got up. We head to the pool.

"Okay first thing first, you're going to paddle and move your arms like this, I will hold you, then you will lay on your back, no worries I'll hold you, and you're going to float." I nodded and was sure nervous.

Emily's POV

We were in the pool for about an hour and Gabi quickly learned to swim. She wasn't ready to go far in the deep side and she made sure she was near me. After an hour we got out and I went inside to shower. Gabi stayed inside, she dried herself and put shorts on over her swim suit. I told her that she could go inside with Gianna later when she comes. She ask if Henry and Jack could come. I told her I will text JJ and Hotch.

Pretty soon I head downstairs and notice Gabi was outside sitting at the table drawing. I decided to cook some lunch. Chicken with rice. I opened the package that I left on the counter and it was a few phone cases I ordered for myself and for Gabi. I decided to give Gabi her new phone that Penelope got at the mall the other day. She has my number and the teams. She also had Henry's and Jack's as well.