Chapter 18

Emily's POV

We were all playing Monopoly. JJ and Gabi were fussing over the money, JJ owes Gabi money but she wasn't having it.

"You landed on my property, you owe me $350."

"No I don't, you basically brought a lot of properties, you're rich, you don't need anymore money."

These two were at each other and I knew it was a bad idea to play this. Luckily the doorbell rang and since JJ and Gabi were still arguing, I went to answer it. I got up from the living room floor and went to answer the door. It was Henry, Micheal and Mrs.Jareau.

"Hi, come on in." I led them to the living room and we saw JJ and Gabi wrestling each other.

"Jennifer!" Mrs.Jareau yelled. Gabi and JJ quickly turned and JJ got off of Gabi.

"She is a child, I come in and I see you wrestling with a child?"

"Nice to see you too mother. Gabi this is my mother." JJ was never fond of her mother but she try to have some kind of relationship for the sake of her kids.

"Mrs.Jareau, this is my daughter Gabriella." I told her. I told Gabi to come over and she stood in front of me.

"Um... Hello, I'm Gabi, nice to meet you." Gabi took out her hand to greet her but Mrs.Jareau just eyed my daughter and said goodbye. JJ was furious so she walked her out. I knew they were probably going to argue outside so I told the kids to reset Monopoly.

I pulled Gabi aside, "Honey, you're okay?"

"Yea no worries, just rude." I let her go set up the game with Henry while I got a few drinks from the fridge. I took a look from the window and saw JJ sitting down on the porch.

I told the kids to start and that I'll be back. I went outside.

"JJ?"

"Oh hey Ems, I'll be there in a minute."

"JJ , you don't have to hide your feelings from me. What happened?"

"My mom was being a bitch. No she is a bitch. I can't believe how she behaved towards Gabi. Emily I'm so sorry about that. I understand if you wouldn't want me here."

"JJ, Gabi is fine, she doesn't care. It's okay."

"No Emily, it's not, she still very cold towards me and still blames me for divorcing Will. She doesn't and probably would never respect me, so I told her to get lost. Of course she slap me but it wasn't hard. I promise you Em, you will never see her. She's out of my life." JJ was hurt so I let her cry it out. I hold her and let her know that everything is going to be okay.
We both head back inside. JJ made it into the bathroom without her boys seeing her. I brought the drinks over and popcorn over to the living room floor.

"No fair, now I have to rethink everything and rebuy lots of properties. JJ never even gave me the money she owes me."

"Honey, you can redo it but please, don't go buying lots." I laughed as Gabi pouted. JJ sat next to gabi, next to Gabi was me, next to me was Henry, and next to Henry was Micheal.

"Ready to be defeated my children?" JJ smiled as she eyed everyone.

"Quit talking start playing." Gabi said as she put the cards down.

We played for some time and just before I knew it, it was already 11pm. Micheal was already sleeping, I gave up playing and Gabi, Henry and JJ were just having it at each other.

"Okay, before you guys kill each other, it is bedtime. So pack it up, go shower and put your jammies on."

"Booooooo! Party pooper." JJ said as the kids were having a fuss.