Chapter 4

Gabi's POV

I don't know when I fell asleep or how long I been asleep. I wake up, still in the hospital bed and I noticed I was alone.

I been in this room for 3 days and each day does not get better. I wake up sometimes at night, crying and screaming from the nightmares I get. Emily is always there but I feel bad that she has not been resting a lot lately. She says she is not tired but I can tell otherwise.

"Hey, you're up." Emily walked in with drinks and JJ behind her with a McDonald's bag.

"Hope you're hungry. Spencer dropped this off for us."

I nodded and layed down facing the wall. I didn't want to eat, I didn't have the appetite anyway.

"Honey, I got your favorite. Pancakes with hash browns. Can you please eat?" Emily asked as she sat in front of me, blocking my view from staring at the wall.

"Not hungry." I closed my eyes pretending to go back to sleep. I hear Emily sigh and felt her get up

"When will she be leaving? Poor kid." I hear JJ

"She's going to be able to leave today. I don't think she's going to want to go back to her house so I'm taking her back to the hotel with me. I just don't know when she will be ready. You know you didn't have to stay. You could've left with the team." Emily said. I opened my eyes

"I know but I chose to stay. Beside this week, the boys are staying with Will."

"How's that working out?" Emily asked

"Well Henry upset about the divorce but he's taking it like a champ. I want him to come and talk to me but I don't think he will. Micheal is young to understand what's going on." JJ said as a nurse came in to talk to Emily.

"Agent? She's cleared to leave soon. All you have to do is sign the papers and we will give her her medication and she can leave."

I sigh as I heard that. Emily got up following the nurse to sign the papers I believe. I got up and head to the bathroom.

"Sweetheart? Are you okay?" I heard JJ on the other side of the door.

"Yea I'm fine. Just peeing."

I got my clothes before I came into the bathroom. I wanted to shower but I was in a little pain. I try to quickly shower and I change. As I put on my jeans, I stared at the bruises I had on my arms and stomach.

They were still healing. I just stared at myself and knew I was about to start crying for the million times. I quietly try to control my breathing but I knew I wasn't able to. I knew I had to be quiet if I didn't want Emily or JJ to find me like this.

After 20 minutes I calmed down but I was still sitting down.

"Gabi? Is everything okay?" I heard Emily.

"Yea." I quickly got up, but my shirt on and walked out. Emily was sitting on the bed waiting. I quickly ran to her and hugged her.

"I want to leave." I cried to her.

"Honey, we leaving soon. Don't worry."

"No I want to leave now. Please Emily."

The nurse came in after 5 minutes, gave me my medication and gave Emily my tests so that I can go to a doctor later to check out my head wound.

JJ got the bag that I came in from the first night, my bloody soccer clothes. I cringe and asked if she can just throw it away.

JJ gave it to the nurse who was going to throw it away for us.

"Ready to go babygirl?" Emily asked as she grabbed my hand and pick her bag

"No but I also don't want to stay here."

We left and I didn't dare look back. We got into a black SUV and drove off. JJ was driving and Emily was sitting in the back with me.

I drifted off to sleep laying on Emily's legs. She was soothing my hair and that made me sleep faster.