Chapter 12

Gabi's POV

I heard everything. I heard every thing that Penelope said. I hold back my tears and waited to see what anyone else would say.

"Yes, Gabi is mine. She's my daughter. But how was it possible you unsealed it? I had her record sealed completely."

"My friends did it , Emily I promised Gabriella whatever I find, that I would tell her."

"No you can't. It's my business and this isn't how I wanted you to find out." I heard Emily sighed. I had a tear dropped down my face.

"It wasn't an easy decision to give her up. I had worked at Interpol when I had her. When I came to the states to do something for my mother, my best friend was there. He and I knew each other since I was 9. One thing led to another, we saw each other but we were always careful. When I found out I was pregnant with Gabi, I couldn't go through another abortion. I had one in my teens and it was horrible and painful. I always wanted to keep Gabi but because of my work, no one could know who she was to me. No one could know she was mine. My job was not like the BAU. So I made the decision to keep Gabi but to give her to Maya. Maya always wanted another child but couldn't conceive. We talked about it, Maya didn't like the idea of Gabriella being kept from me but she understood my work. She understood that Gabi's identity was to be kept to ourselves. Maya allowed me to be in Gabi's life, but we said I would be her aunt. Maya was like a sister to me. I never imagined that I would have Gabi back like this. We wanted to let Gabi know about who I was, but I didn't want to ruin her happy life that she has or had with Maya. Gabi is everything to me, but it also my decision and business when I would tell her the truth. If I could, I would have kept Gabi, but in the circumstances that I was in, I only wanted her safe. Safe and happy."

Emily is my mom. My biological mom. I heard everything. I couldn't believe it. I walked away. I left the BAU. I walked away so no one else around would be suspicious, but once I was officially out of the building I ran. I ran until I give out. I couldn't believe it.

I got to some park. There was families around and kids. I sat down and just cried silently.

Emily's POV
".....If I could, I would have kept Gabi, but in the circumstances that I was in, I only wanted her safe. Safe and happy." Everyone was shocked. Penelope was crying and JJ gave me a small smile

"Emily, that's very brave if you but don't you think you should tell her soon?" Morgan said to me

"I just don't know how to tell her or when it's the best time." I said silently. JJ put her hands on my leg, telling me that it's okay.

"Prentiss, if you need anything, anything thing at all, you let me know." I thanked Hotch for that. I told everyone to please not mention or say anything to Gabriella. Penelope on the other hand, didn't seem fond of what I said.

"Emily, I promised her."

"Penelope, she's mine and it's mine decision." I said to Garcia and she nodded. She left, I'm assuming back to her office.

It was quiet and awkward, Morgan was taking loud sips from his soda.

We talked about the case we solved and what was going to happen.

"JJ, you said Gabi went to the bathroom?" I whispered

"Yea, It's been 15 minutes." I nodded and went to the bathroom.

I got there and the stalls were empty. "Gabi?"
I checked all the stalls and nothing. I went to Penelope's office and no one was there. I went back to the brief room and saw Penelope sitting next to Morgan. I raised my eyebrows and went back to my desk.