Chapter 6

Emily's POV
I woke up a bit earlier. It was 6:30am when I woke up. I look down seeing Gabi next to me while holding her bear. I got up, changed and went to the bathroom. By the time I got out JJ was up already.

"Morning Em." As she looked up from her phone.

"Morning, we should be out of here by 7:15."

"Sounds good to me." She got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I go to my bed and try waking up Gabi.

"Gabriella, time to wake up. We are leaving soon." I shook her a bit which cause her to turn away from me and went back to sleep.

I chuckled knowing she's not a morning person, "Gabs? Come on, you can sleep in the car."

She eventually got up but was still sleepy. She went to her luggage and got a pair of sweatpants with a T-shirt. She went to the bathroom to change and came out shortly after that. She had her pajamas and her toothbrush and just shoved them in her luggage.

I went to put our luggage in the car and when I got back, I see Gabi already sleeping on JJ's bed.

"She's definitely not a morning person." Giggled JJ as she put her last things in her purse. She got her luggage and purse and left to the car. I knew Gabi wasn't going to wake up so I got her teddy bear and put it in my purse and got Gabi. I checked to make sure I left nothing and left to the front to drop of the keys. I got to the car and put her in the backseat. I buckled her in and close the door. JJ wanted to drive so I sat in the passenger seat.

*1 hour later*
JJ and I were talking about the case that the team just finished and had Penelope on speaker. Gabi was waking up by the time Penelope hung up.

"Morning sleepyhead." JJ said as she looked in her mirror.

"When did I get in here? How much longer?"

"I carried you since you went back to sleep at the hotel. And only 3 more hours to go." I said as I sent a text to Morgan

"Well can we stop somewhere? I got to pee." JJ said that there was a stop in the next mile and that we should be stopping soon.

We eventually stopped and it seemed like Gabi knew where she was going because she ran inside. I try to ran after her but I was late. She had already gone to the bathroom.

"Sorry, she really needed to go." I said as the guy looked at me crazy. I grabbed a few snacks and ask for gas so JJ can fill up the car. Gabi came out eventually.

"Ahhh Gabi, nice to see you again." I was confused on how the cashier knew Gabi. He seems a bit old and has the nice smile.

"Hey Mike, nice seeing you again. How's Layla?"

"She's good. She's out in the back, restocking, you can stop by."

"Gabi, where's your mom? Who's this? Your not being kidnapped are you?" He said jokingly

"Oh sir, sorry, Gabi is with me and there's been an accident with Maya." I said as I hand him the cash.

"Mike, I was actually kidnapped a few weeks ago and because of that, my mom and Rose was killed." Gabi said as she looked down to her feet.

"Kiddo, what?" Mike step out and came to us. He hugged Gabi. He was tearing up and I went to walk by the door.

"It's okay, she's safe and I'll be safe with Emily."

"Come see us whenever you like okay?" Gabi nodded hugged him one more time and ran to the back, I'm assuming to see Layla.

"So your Emily Prentiss." Mike said to me, I raised my eyebrow, "Yes sir."

"I know who you are, Maya talked about you. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm guessing Gabi doesn't know who you really are to her?"

"No sir." I was getting weirded out

"It's okay, Maya told me, you did a good thing, thought about your daughter's safety, and I'm glad she has you. Good luck." He said as he went back to the cashier to check out the other customers. I head to the car, and sat in the drivers seat.

"Em, where's Gabi?" JJ said

"She should be back, apparently Gabi knows the people who own this place I think." We waited for Gabi and in 5 minutes she walked back and got in the car.

"You okay?" I asked

"Yea, wanted to say goodbye. I didn't have the heart to tell Layla what really happened."

"It's okay, I'm sure Mike will tell her for you."

And with that we drove off.

*2 hours later*

We were jamming out to music and decided to stop at a small restaurant.

We ate and head back. I wanted to continue driving and JJ wanted to drive. We Rock Paper Scissors for it and JJ won. I sat in the back with Gabi this time.

"Did you let her win?" Gabi whispered to me

"No, she actually is that good at it." Gabi laughed

"Honey , you don't have a tablet or a phone? What have you been doing for the past hours?"

"My mom said I wasn't old enough to have a phone and a tablet, I had one but I broke it and my mom never got me a new one. It was okay because we mostly spent our time outside. And I been staring out the window for the past hours or listening to music that you guys put on the radio."

She layed down on me and I played with her hair. She eventually fell asleep.

We got home and put our stuff out. We said goodbye to JJ and she left.

"Ready to go in?" I said as I look at Gabi

"Lead the way Prentiss." She laughed

_________

Hi guys, thanks for those who are reading. If you like leave a comment or vote, let me know what you guys would like to see more and have a good day.

For those who are protesting for Black Lives Matter, remember to stay safe, be heard and please protect yourself. Bring lots of water, stay protected and most of all, I wanted to let you know that I stand with this. I went to a protest, unfortunately some people decided to riot and I had to leave. It was starting to get out of control and my mom has been texting me and my siblings to go home as soon as possible. Stay safe out there!!!

-Liza