Chapter 19

Emily's POV

"Mama, five more minutes"

When I heard those words coming out of Gabi, my daughter, I felt so happy. I couldn't exactly describe it but it definitely made me smile.

In a few seconds, Gabi woke up and ran upstairs to her room. We were all confused.

"What just happened?" Henry ask. I was confused.

"I'll be back." I went upstairs to Gabi's room, knocked on her door. "Gabi?" No answer but I heard whimpering. I went inside and I see my little girl, knees up to her chest, head down and was rocking herself. I was confused and upset seeing her this way.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I slowly approach her. "Baby, everything is okay. Why are you crying?" She sat up and tears streaming down her face.

"Emily, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. For just a few seconds, I forgot. I forgot I wasn't home. I forgot it was you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you mom. I know you're my mom but I know it is sudden. I'm sorry, I-"

"Gabriella, don't you ever apologize. It is okay. If you're not ready, then you're not ready. No harm is done. Baby, I felt honored to have you called me mama, but in the end, I understand if you don't want to. Your mom, Maya, was everything to you. I get it. Baby, this isn't something you need to apologize for, when you're ready, you're ready."

"But, you're not mad at me?" She trembled

"Baby, why would I be mad?"

"As much as I would like to call you mama, I feel like I am dishonoring my mom Maya. I do want to call you mama, I just don't know how you would take it."

"Oh Gabi, you are not dishonoring Maya. She loves you as much as I do. She took you in and still allowed me to have some relationship with you. I owe her that. Honey, you don't have to feel bad at all, I just don't want you to feel pressured." I said to her as I wiped her tears. She hug me and I knew she was scared.

"So you're okay if I call you mama? You don't think Maya would be mad?" She whisper as she started crying to me again.

"Baby, look at me please. I definitely don't mind, and I know Maya will not be mad at you."

"Okay, mama it is." Hearing those words made me happy and I hugged Gabi even more.

"I love you so much baby, more than you'll ever know."

"I love you too mama." I kiss her head and was we just sat on the floor for a few minutes. "Baby, clean yourself up. Do you want me to stay?"

"No mama, I'll be down in a few. Just gonna wash my face."

I got up and went downstairs, pretty sure smiling from ear to ear.

"Em? Everything okay?" JJ ask as soon as she saw me

"Everything is perfect. She was just scared that she called me mom but we talked it out and she's okay. She will be down in a few." We talked and Henry is excited for school soon. They still got a few weeks left but we don't have anything planned today so we thought why not shop for school already.

"Morning Gabs-Gabs." Henry said.

"Morning Bubba." Gabi said to Henry. JJ and I looked at each other confused.

"Hey! I'm bubba." Micheal said as he frown.

"Awww Micheal, it's okay, you're both my bubbas." Gabi said as he kiss Micheal's cheek.

"No. Me bubba, not Henry." Micheal cross his arms and made a frown face. JJ and I giggled.

"Okay okay, you're my bubba only. Then what should I call Henry?" I see Gabi ask Micheal as I sat down to eat.