Strange Behavior

After that night, Nozel started to feel more comfortable with (Y/N) so he decided to spent every night with her. Every day, after 9pm, he was finishing the paperwork, going to (Y/N) and going back in the next day morning. After a week, the maids and guards noticed a strange behavior from him: he wasn't harsh like he used to be and, sometimes, he smiled. Everyone was shocked when he smiled for the first time, even Alfred who knew him since he became the king, he never saw Nozel smiling.

One day, Alfred was in front of Nozel's office door, thinking if he should knock or not. It was obvious that Nozel wouldn't tell him why he was like that, but it was also a small chance to tell him. After all, he helped Nozel everytime he had problems and won his trust. He knocked three times and Nozel let him enter.

"What is it, Alfred?" he said and Alfred closed the door.

"You Majesty... these days you behaved more nicely than the usual. What happened that made you be like that?"

"Do you have any problem with my behavior?" he asked coldy, but he didn't seem annoyed.

"Of course not, Your Majesty, but I've never seen you like this so I was just wondering." he said and Nozel didn't respond for a minute. He knew that he couldn't hide his secret forever. He took a deep breath and spoke:

"Promise me that you wouldn't tell anybody about this."

"I promise, Your Majesty!"

"Okay then...I...I fell in love." he said blushing and Alfred's jaw dropped. He never expected to hear that from him. "She's from the Kean Town and I spend every night with her. I love her so much and I don't know how to make her like me too. It's a long story, I shouldn't waste my time with this..."

"No, Your Majesty! You should continue! Since I know you, you didn't show any affection to every woman you met until now. I know that these feelings are hard to handle and I want to help you."

"Do you really think you can help me with this, I mean you don't know her at all. She's not the type I can conquer with flowers, sweets or jewelry."

"You're right, Your Majesty, I don't know her. That's why I want you to tell me more about her, at least how you two met."

"Tch. Fine, I'll tell you. Do you rememeber, when Bella Lockward came here for the trial, she had two maids?"

"Yes, I remember. One of them was covered in black that you could barely see her eyes."

"One night, that woman came in the inner garden and took her scarf off. I was there and she was so beautiful that I couldn't see anything else. I came to her and asked her why she's covering herself. She didn't want to respond so I insisted and she started crying. Seeing her like that made me feel terrible so I calmed her and told her to go to her room, but she said that Bella would not let her sleep there so I let her sleep on the couch in my room. When she was sleeping, I took her scarf and hid it so she couldn't hide her face anymore. On the next day, Bella saw her without her scarf and started yelling at her. She explained to Bella that she lost it, but Bella called her liar and slapped her. When I saw that, I got mad and kicked Bella out, without realizing what a big mistake I made. When I did it, I disguised myself and went to rescue her."

"Do you mean that day when you asked me about Bella and flew away?"

"Yeah, that day. When I arrived at the Kean Town, the mayor was about to execute her in front of everyone."

"To execute her...Why?"

"The mayor blamed her for Bella's fail and also accused her for witchcraft, but something like that doesn't exist. Anyway, I saved her and took her deep in the woods where I found a small chalet where she lives now."

"Hmm....I see. Tell me what do you like about her, beside her beauty."

"Well, she is kind, hardworking, she knows how to cook, but, on top of that, she understands me, even if she doesn't know who I am."

"She doesn't know who you are...Why?"

"I don't want her to know who I am. If I reveal myself to her, she won't feel comfortable to stay with me or feel free to talk to me like now. I won't win her heart if I do this. That's why I will keep my identity a secret until she will confess to me that she loves me, but I'm also afraid that, when she will know the truth, she won't love me anymore." he said loosing his cool. Alfred came next to him and put his hand on Nozel's shoulder to calm him down.

"Your Majesty, I think should ask her what she thinks about you, the king."

"How? How can I ask her without being suspicious?"

"Don't ask her out of the blue what she thinks about you. You have to arrive to a certain subject that have a connection with you and then ask her. It's easy!"

"Maybe for you! I'm not good at socializing with someone unless I order to him or yell at him. You know that I can't speak to a person more than a few minutes."

"Oh, yeah! I forgot that, but I know you can do it. Just be calm don't be afraid of doing mistakes."

"Okay. Thanks, Alfred!"

"Your welcome, Your Majesty!" he said and left the office.

After Alfred left, Nozel started thinking about how to arrive at that subject Alfred told him so he could ask her opinion about him, the king.

It was 9pm and he had to go. He took his hood and flew to her. I hope I won't screw it up. he though as he arrived at the chalet.