Nozel's Origin Pt. 1

(The wait is over. I hope you will like Nozel's origin story.)

It was 8pm and Nozel finished his paperwork. He went in his room and (Y/N) was waiting for him standing on the couch and reading a book. When she saw him, she put the book on the coffee table and he sat down on the couch, next to her.

"How is your training doing?" he asked her.

"It is okay. I have some problems with my language and walking, but Margaret said they will dissappear after practicing a few days."

"I see...Looks like you've recovered from that shock, but why did you react like that when you find out they were kings? You looked like you were gonna pass out."

"I'm sorry. I'm not used to socialize with people and, when you said they were the rulers of the Great Nine Kingdoms, I was afraid of doing something inappropiate in front of them." she said looking down, ashamed of herself.

"It's not fault, (Y/N), it's mine. I shouldn't bring them here."

"Why you did it?"

"I was in a conflict with one of them because I was the only one of the kings who was single. I lied to them saying that women were rejecting me, but that bastard somehow found out I was the one who were rejecting them and he exposed me. I didn't want to reveal that I have a girlfriend so soon, but I had to do it to not lose their trust or worse, my place in the Royal Alliance."

"I didn't know that they can do that just because you lied to them once."

"The Royal Alliance was made to bring peace and order between kingdoms. Even if helped them many times, I wasn't seen as a trustworthy person because of my cold behave and because I've never tried to befriend with them. This alliance is based on trust. If you lie, they won't trust you anymore and kick you out of it."

"Why didn't you try to befriend with them if you knew you risked to lose you place there?"

"It's...complicated. I prefer to not talk about this." he said without looking at her.

"Nozel, I want to know. Please, you can trust me." she insisted. Nozel took a deep breath, he wasn't sure to tell her his past or not, but she risked to lost her trust too and that the last thing he wanted.

"Promise me you won't tell anybody about this."

"I promise I won't tell anybody." (Y/N) grabbed his hand.

"Alright then." he said and started telling his story.

(25 years ago, Sunset Town, Family May's House)

It was a rainy night. Mister and Miss May were sitting on the couch, talking about adopting a child or two because, even if they were married for 10 years, they hadn't had the luck to make one and that made them very sad.

Suddenly, their chat were interupted by two babies crying outside. Miss May opened the front door and saw two beautiful babies crying. One of them had golden hair and the other one silver hair. She took them inside.

"Honey! Come here!" Miss May called her man and he went quickly and saw the babies and his wife holding the one with the golden hair.

"Whose babies are they?" he asked shocked.

"I don't know. Someone abandoned them at our door. Look how cute it is!" she said looking at the baby she was holding.

"He is indeed cute....Look!" said and pointed at the name writen on the baby's shirt. "Look's like his name is 'Lumiere'." he said and went and went at the silver haired one who was siting on his basket looking at Lumiere who was holded by Miss May.

He wanted to be hold too so he lifted his tiny arms to Mister May. Mister May approached and saw 'Nozel' writen on his shirt.

"His name is 'Nozel'." he said to his wife, but she was too distracted by Lumiere to notice her husband.

"Honey, go to the attic and bring the baby bed." she said and went to the attic leaving Miss May with the babies.

She went to the bedroom with Lumiere, forgeting Nozel on the hallway. He started crying and Miss May returned angry and took him. He stopped crying and looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"You're so annoying!"

(5 years later)

The May Family was a happy one, or at least it seemed. Lumiere was the center of attention, spoiled with toys, clothes and everything he wanted by Mister and Miss May, while Nozel was always busy doing chores Miss and Mister May demanded him to do and blaming him for all the bad things Lumiere did.

"Mommy! Nozel broke the vase!" Lumiere said pointing at Nozel. Miss May grabbed Nozel's hand and slapped his butt.

"Mommy! It wasn't me! It was Lumiere!" he said struggling to break free from her grip.

"You're lying, your brother is too good and innocent to do it. You on the other hand..." she said and slapped his butt again. "Looks like your father will have to take out his belt again."

"Not the belt. Anything, but not the belt." He started crying remembering the last time Mister May took out his belt, that night was a hell.

"Stop crying like a baby, brat!" she said trowing him on the floor along with a broom. "Clean the mess and clean your brother's room!" She said and left with Lumiere. Lumiere took a glance on Nozel and smirked, happy that his plan succeded.

Lumiere being spoiled so much, he became a devil who liked making Nozel suffer while he was seeing like an angel.

At the kindergarten, things were any better. Lumiere was friend with all the kids and praised by the educator, while Nozel hadn't any friend and was ignored by the educator.

One day, the kids were at the playground playing. Lumiere was playing soccer with some boys and Nozel was sitting on a bench, looking at them. Lumiere won the game and raised his hand. Suddenly, a small light appeared on his hand.

He was shocked. Everyone was shocked. They didn't know what to do so one of them went inside to bring the educator.

Shortly after, a priest came and, when he saw Lumiere with that light on his hand, he said that he's special and a blessing to their town. Mister and Miss May were overjoyed when they find out that he can use magic and started spoiling him more.

Nozel on the other hand, he wasn't so happy. Since Lumiere was called 'so special and important', people started to ignore Nozel more, even his parents unless they need him to clean Lumiere's room or do another chores.

He wanted to use magic too so every night he was in the backyard, trying to to use magic and, one night, he did it casting a small mercury ball in his hands. The next day, he went to Mister May who was talking with a reporter about Lumiere.

"Daddy, daddy, daddy!" Nozel said, but Mister May ignored him. Nozel didn't gave up and insisted until, finally, he caught up their attention.

"WHAT IS IT?" Mister May yelled at him. "DON'T YOU SEE THAT I TRY TO TALK TO SOMEONE?"

"Daddy, look!" he said, casted the mercury ball and started modeling it whithout touching it. "I can use magic too, like Lumiere." he said happy, but Mister May didn't seem impressed, not even the reporter.

"You interupted my chat with this reporter to show me how you play with a plasticine?"

"No, it's magic! Don't you see that it's floating? I don't know what it is, but it's magic, like Lumiere's..."

"Don't compare this thing with Lumiere's light magic! What he does is really magic. What you do here is an useless bullshit."

"Mister May, I recomend you to not use such a language in front of your kid, even if I agree with you..." the reporter said And Nozel ran away to the church.

"Hey, brat, where are you going?"

"What I do is magic and I'm gonna prove it!" Nozel said and ran to the church to talk with the priest.

If he said that Lumiere is special, then he's gonna say that I'm special too. he though as he arrived at the church. He wasn't ready for what happened next.