Mask Festival Pt. 1

Nozel was in his office, waiting for Alfred to come and told him what happened last night. He still couldn't believe that she was thinking him being a good man, even if he didn't do a good first impression when they met. He expected her to call him a jerk, like the other ones did, but she didn't. Nozel was lost in thoughs until  Alfred opened the door.

"Did you call me, Your Majesty?" he said and Nozel came back to reality.

"Alfred, why didn't you knocked?"

"I knocked three times and you didn't responded, so I entered."

"Oh, really? I'm sorry. I was thinking about her and I couldn't hear you."

"It's ok, Your Majesty. This thing often happens to lovers at your age or younger. It is one of the love sympthons."

"Love sympthons?"

"These sympthons appear when someone falls in love and they are: blushing more often, losing the contact with the reality and changing the behavior. In your case, Your Majesty, they appeared very fast. Speaking of love, did you find out her opinion about you?"

"Yeah, I did and, surprisingly, she said that I'm a good man and trusts me to make this kingdom a better place. I've never though that she would say that after our meeting face to face. It's unbelievable! Or she is blind, or she is an idiot because I can't explain otherwise."

"I think she just thinks in a way you can't understand, Your Majesty."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that, since you became the king of the Silver Eagle, you never cared about your reputation because you knew that people will think of you as a jerk and a frightening person, but now you finally met a person who thinks of you in a way you're not used to it. It's not really a bad thing, but you should stop thinking of her as an ordinary person and think of her like someone different, someone special." Alfred said and it was silence for a moment. He was right.

Since he was born, Nozel had a bad reputation wherever he went. He was called in many ways: freak, weirdo, devil, cursed child, idiot, plague and many others. For his adoptive parents, he was a shame and a good-for-nothing living being (A sneak peek for his origin story)

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" Alfred said concerned.

"Let's not talk about this subject ever again, okay?" he said with a frightened voice.

"Okay." Alfred said noticing how afraid his king was, even if he didn't understood why. "Oh, I almost forgot. Today is 31 October, that means tonight is the Mask Festival."

"And?"

"And I think it is a great opportunity to go with her, like a date."

"A date?" he said blushing. "B-but I don't know what to do at a festival. I'll look like a weirdo."

"Everything will be alright, Your Majesty. There will be games, food and, at the midnight, people will launch fireworks in the sky. You don't have to do a certain thing, just have fun."

"Fun, huh? Ok, then, I'll go with her.Thanks, Alfred! You can leave now." he said and Alfred left.

Several hours later, Nozel finished all the paperwork and flew to (Y/N). It was 8pm and he realized that he had no ideea where the Mask Festival was tooking place. That festival wasn't organized by him so it wasn't taking place in the royal capital. Alfred forgot to tell him because he was 60 years old and, even if he was a wise old man, he had a bad memory so he often forgot the details or the things that are very essential in that moment.

Nozel took a deep breath and searched the town where the festival was tooking place. After 15 minutes, he found it, the Leaf Town. The Leaf Town was covored in light and it wasn't too far from the forest where it was (Y/N).

He flew to her and opened the door of the chalet. (Y/N) was sitting on a chair a little bit sad.

"(Y/N), what happened?" he asked and looked at her. She looked a little but skiny like she didn't eat the whole day.

"I'm hungry." she said and her stomach rumbled. Nozel then realized that he forgot to bring her food before leaving to the castle.

"Oh, God! I'm so sorry, (Y/N)! I forgot to bring you food, but tonight it's a festival in the Leaf Town. Let's go there to buy you some food." he said and he helped her to get up from the chair. Poor one, she was so hungry   that she could barely stand up on her own. When Nozel saw her, all he wanted was to kill himself for being so careless with the one he loved.

They went outside and put (Y/N) to close her eyes. She didn't know about Nozel's magic and he didn't wanted to reveal at that moment so she won't find out his identity. In all the possible situations, it was the wrost time for her to find his identity because she will deduce that he feed himself with delicious food, made by royal chefs while she was starving to death, waiting for him like a homeless woman. The most important thing was she didn't found out anything and they arrived safetly at the Mask Festival. (What a relief for Nozel.)