The Queen's First Comission Pt. 2

On the road to the Kean Town, (Y/N) stayed silent. She was afraid that saying or doing something might embarass her.

"It's everything alright, Your Majesty? You look troubled." Jean asked politelly.

"I'm fine. It's just..." (Y/N) said nervous. She tried to explain her behavior, but she couldn't find any good excuse.

"I knew it. I should come with troops, not alone. Please forgive me for not ensuring your safety."

"Wait, what? No, no, no....It's not that I don't feel safe. It's just that I didn't expected someone important like you to escort me and I didn't want to make or say something that may embarass me. I'm sorry for making you feel it's your fault." (Y/N) said red as a tomato. She really didn't saw that coming.

"You don't have to apologize, Your Majesty. When I received order from His Majesty, he asked me to send one of my people to escort you, but I feared that you won't be satisfied with any of them, so I offered myself to do it. I apologize for making you think I was forced to escort you."

"It's alright. I'm happy that we cleared the misunderstanding. I don't know how the previous queens were, but I don't want to exaggerate things and live fancy, I just want to do my job as a queen and make everyone happy." (Y/N) said and Jean smiled.

"I see you're different... I think we will get along well." Jean said with a friendly tone.

"I'm glad to hear that." (Y/N) said relaxed.

After a few minutes, the carriage stopped and Jean looked at the window.

"Looks like we arrived." she said and exited the carriage.

(Y/N) took a deep breath and followed her. Jean helped her to exit the carriage and they both went to the town hall.

(Y/N) looked around and saw many people who were glaring at her with hatred and disgust. Because her mother had water magic, they though that (Y/N) had her mother's magic and treated her horrible, calling her a witch and asking the previous mayor to kill her. Even if she knew that she souldn't fear them because if something would happen to her, Nozel would kill or banish the entire town, she was afraid. She had a feeling that something was going to happen.

Jean noticed (Y/N)'s strange behaviour and went closer to her.

"Are you okay, Your Majesty?" Jean whispered to (Y/N).

"Ah, yes, I am." (Y/N) said nervous. She knew that she wasn't very welcomed in that town, but she couldn't alert Jean for nothing.

When they arrived at the town hall, someone escorted them to the mayor's office's door. When they got to enter, that person stopped Jean.

"Only the queen's presence is required. You'll have to wait outside." that person said and (Y/N) got a chill. That feeling got worse. It was like she knew what was going to happen if she goes alone.

"Actually, I want Jean to come too." (Y/N) said and that person frowned.

"But, Your Majesty, it's none of her business what you are gonna do in the mayor's office. Her presence is unnecessary." that person said with a demanding tone. "The mayor won't be pleased if she will come with us." At that moment, (Y/N) snaped.

"So what? I'm the queen here and I say if her presence is unnecessary or not. If you're not gonna let her come, you'll suffer the consequences!" (Y/N) said angry and that person stood silent.

Looks like the witch got some guts since she became the queen. he though looking at (Y/N) with a serious face.

"Fine, let's enter!" he said.